Senior Full Stack Developer
Zeitworks is a Seattle and LA-based, venture-backed startup on a mission to streamline business process improvement and maximize human potential at work. We are actively seeking a talented and energetic senior Full-Stack Web Developer to build out a scalable front-end and back-end customer portal.
Organizations across the globe want to deliver greater value to their customers by improving their business processes. But they lack visibility and insight both into how these processes are actually performed and where to invest to drive the greatest impact. Traditionally delivering these improvements required expensive consultants, obtrusive over-the-shoulder observations, and countless meetings; taking months or years to deliver value.
Looking beyond automation, Zeitworks uses proprietary ML and AI to automatically discover, analyze and improve all an organization’s business processes, with zero disruption, to provide real-time business insights to business leaders. Our friction-free SaaS delivery allows us to democratize process improvement providing on-going value to business leaders in days rather than months.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Full-Stack Developer will be responsible for producing scalable middle tier and back-end solutions for securely delivering our SaaS products that enable our customers to automatically discover, analyze, and improve their business operations. Key product components include our customer portal and dashboard, and account administration tools, including self-service offering.
All members of our engineering team are responsible for contributing to our fast development cycle, including Agile / Scrum, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, as well as the quality and stability of our code. As a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for the development of effective development and production systems. Contribute to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property, and patent portfolio. And continuously eliminate friction from the customer experience.
WHAT DEFINES SUCCESS? EXPECTATIONS IN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS INCLUDE:
- Deliver robust customer portal with analytics dashboard, reporting engine, and management console.
- Create and execute a blueprint for our customer portal and its components ensuring its secure and scalable.
- Deliver a robust administration portal allowing Zeitworks to control and operate our service, including customer account management and invoicing.
- Architect robust reusable components that are not only performant and scalable but thoughtfully crafted
- Deliver our self-service capabilities allowing customers to sign-up and deploy Zeitworks within their organization
- Build and maintain our company website including blog, customer registration, FAQ and support capabilities.
- Develop and implement QA strategy with full regression testing for our portal and website.
- Maintain a strong focus on business outcomes
ATTRIBUTES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Product / Technical
- 3+ years of experience required with building server-side applications with Node.js, Java or C#, etc.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field desired
- Very knowledgeable of AWS including managed AWS services
- Experience in querying and structuring relational databases using SQL
- Bonus points if you have experience with data visualization, analytics dashboards, etc. using libraries such as D3.js, Highcharts, Chart.js, Plotly, etc.
- Experience with consuming and/or implementing RESTful APIs
- Familiar with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with build and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience integrating 3rd Party APIs and authentication services
- Knowledge of scalable and reliable software systems, including a solid grasp of CI/CD and SDLC concepts: code review standard methodologies, code coverage analysis, unit testing, continuous test, and delivery
- Experience with secure design and coding practices
- Strong understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience with source code management and tools like GitHub
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and solutions oriented, demonstrating success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in an agile framework development model
- Proven ability of partnering with stakeholders across all levels including analytics professionals, operational staff and executives
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Startup experience (perhaps not day 0, but early stage start-up experience)
- A strong sense of customer empathy
- Strong collaborator, listens without judgement, respectful of others
- Scrappy - experience doing a lot with limited resources
- Self-disciplined and process minded
- Adaptable, comfortable taking risks
- Picking up balls, holding self-accountable, holding others accountable
- Pragmatic: experience with stage-appropriate architecture and development - crawl, walk, run
- Open, transparent, flexible
ZEITWORKS TEAM VALUES
Continuous Improvement means the relentless pursuit of excellence, both personally and professionally. We strive to reach our full potential both as individuals and as team members through an ongoing process of unceasing curiosity and development.
Empowerment comes by showing people how their actions directly impact the businesses’ goals, helping them to focus on what matters the most. We balance autonomy with accountability and risk with credibility. We develop leaders who can determine how to best deliver value for our customers and the company.
Speed is key, but it requires a well informed team, a plan, and measurable outcomes. We strive to have real, honest conversations about the right things and reach the best outcomes. Some mistakes will be made along the way but that’s good; it means decisions are being made. Even if things don’t go as planned, it’s an opportunity to share and to learn.
Integrity based on honesty, transparency and follow through, with no politics, hidden agendas or passive-aggressive behavior, builds trust. We share an obligation to respectfully put forth challenges when we disagree or see a problem; holding each other accountable ensures our collective success.
Diversity in who we are, our experiences, and our opinions, enables us to find creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems. We strive to create a culture based on humility and respect to ensure everyone can thrive. Everyone has the right to express their ideas and opinions and we encourage sharing them with candor, openness, and vulnerability wherever possible
Joy comes from sharing the journey with each other while respecting the balance between the me and the we. Working together we create a healthy, sustainable environment that allows us to celebrate each other as individuals and as a team, both at work and in life.
Zeitworks values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels as this will enable us to best accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, pregnancy or related medical conditions, disability status, marital status, or reservist/veteran status.