Zeitworks is a Seattle and LA-based, venture-backed startup on a mission to streamline business process improvement and maximize human potential at work. We are looking for a product focused, results-oriented Senior Data Engineer who is excited to play a major role in our product and engineering evolution to build out a secure and scalable automated data pipeline and ML/AI capabilities.
Organizations across the globe want to deliver greater value to their customers by improving their business processes. But they lack visibility and insight both into how these processes are actually performed and where to invest to drive the greatest impact. Traditionally delivering these improvements required expensive consultants, obtrusive over-the-shoulder observations, and countless meetings; taking months or years to deliver value.
Looking beyond automation, Zeitworks uses proprietary ML and AI to automatically discover, analyze and improve all an organization’s business processes, with zero disruption, to provide real-time business insights to business leaders. Our friction-free SaaS delivery allows us to democratize process improvement providing on-going value to business leaders in days rather than months.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for building a modern analytics stack and scalable, resilient data pipelines to enable data modeling and ETL/ELT processes for delivering multi-dimensional datasets. You will work on the end-to-end data to ML process, from design and implementation of a modern workflow orchestration platform including implementing data ingestion routines, through the ML transformation for automated delivery of insights and recommendations via customer facing dashboards. You will work with the other members of the development team and customer success team to ensure both the accuracy and validity of the data, as well as the customer value of the resulting analytics and recommendations.
All members of our engineering team are responsible for contributing to our fast development cycle, including Agile / Scrum, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, as well as the quality and stability of our code. As a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for the development of effective development and production systems. Contribute to the expansion of the company’s intellectual property, and patent portfolio. And continuously eliminate friction from the customer experience.
WHAT DEFINES SUCCESS? EXPECTATIONS IN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS INCLUDE:
- Design and build a robust BI&A data architecture ensuring it is secure and scalable
- Deliver automated real-time business reports via customer dashboards reporting performance via key performance indicators.
- Automate our data delivery capabilities by constantly working to eliminate manual effort to enable scale
- Identify and drive improvements to our reporting capabilities working with product and sales to extend the breadth and depth our insights, including trade-offs and risks
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Develop and implement QA strategy with full regression testing for our BI&A data architecture and capabilities.
- Maintain a strong focus on business outcomes
ATTRIBUTES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Product / Technical
- 5+ years of experience required with modern data stores (RDBMS, cloud native data lakes and warehousing technologies, NoSQL DBs, etc.) and pipeline management and optimization techniques.
- BS or equivalent degree in data science or relevant quantitative discipline desired.
- Experience with IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Significant experience with SQL, Python/R, and large-scale data processing and analytics technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Flink, etc.)
- Significant experience with ETL processes, patterns and technologies (e.g., Kafka)
- Experience with modern orchestration platforms like Airflow
- Experience with container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with high-performance programming language ideal (e.g. Java/C++) as well as experience extending commonly used data pipeline technologies
- Experience with secure design and coding practices
- Strong understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience with source code management and tools like GitHub
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and solutions oriented, demonstrating success in owning projects end-to-end, including working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in an agile framework development model
- Proven ability of partnering with stakeholders across all levels including analytics professionals, operational staff and executives
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Startup experience (perhaps not day 0, but early stage start-up experience)
- A strong sense of customer empathy
- Strong collaborator, listens without judgement, respectful of others
- Scrappy - experience doing a lot with limited resources
- Self-disciplined and process minded
- Adaptable, comfortable taking risks
- Picking up balls, holding self-accountable, holding others accountable
- Pragmatic: experience with stage-appropriate architecture and development - crawl, walk, run
- Open, transparent, flexible
ZEITWORKS TEAM VALUES
Continuous Improvement means the relentless pursuit of excellence, both personally and professionally. We strive to reach our full potential both as individuals and as team members through an ongoing process of unceasing curiosity and development.
Empowerment comes by showing people how their actions directly impact the businesses’ goals, helping them to focus on what matters the most. We balance autonomy with accountability and risk with credibility. We develop leaders who can determine how to best deliver value for our customers and the company.
Speed is key, but it requires a well informed team, a plan, and measurable outcomes. We strive to have real, honest conversations about the right things and reach the best outcomes. Some mistakes will be made along the way but that’s good; it means decisions are being made. Even if things don’t go as planned, it’s an opportunity to share and to learn.
Integrity based on honesty, transparency and follow through, with no politics, hidden agendas or passive-aggressive behavior, builds trust. We share an obligation to respectfully put forth challenges when we disagree or see a problem; holding each other accountable ensures our collective success.
Diversity in who we are, our experiences, and our opinions, enables us to find creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems. We strive to create a culture based on humility and respect to ensure everyone can thrive. Everyone has the right to express their ideas and opinions and we encourage sharing them with candor, openness, and vulnerability wherever possible
Joy comes from sharing the journey with each other while respecting the balance between the me and the we. Working together we create a healthy, sustainable environment that allows us to celebrate each other as individuals and as a team, both at work and in life.
Zeitworks values inclusion and believes diversity at all levels as this will enable us to best accomplish our mission. We aspire to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments and are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, pregnancy or related medical conditions, disability status, marital status, or reservist/veteran status.