Zeel’s mission is to make wellness accessible to everyone. With over 1,000,000 appointments already booked with us, we're expanding our wellness services to even more homes, businesses, and spas across the United States. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help us develop our next-gen software platform, and we hope it’s you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have a solid understanding or experience of software engineering best practices
- A team player who wants to partner and work with all parts of the business, from marketing/sales to product to (of course) engineering.
- Experienced microservices development using modern cloud infrastructure and technologies (serverless, containers, authentication)
- Serious about data driven design, efficiency, and scale
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Be eager to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) software development
- A ‘happy warrior’ who can get things done with a can do attitude
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, implement, test, and support internal and external APIs and services.
- Learn and share knowledge across our engineering teams.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Play a large role in technical/architectural decisions for the future applications/services that will have revenue generating impact.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the services you work on. (this includes making sure platform is fully supported)
- Integration of react based applications developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implement workflows for processing parallel jobs/task in a scalable fashion
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- A team player who can work with and in partnership with people on all sides of the business
- Strong Back-End/API development skills in Python
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle)
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing microservices in the cloud
- A strong partner to organizational stakeholders - seeks to understand the problems and opportunities of the business and orienting teams and processes to solve them
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with HIPAA/GDPR or similar security practices.
- Experience with message queue management across various services and applications
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift)
Benefits and perks include:
- Commuter benefits with match
- Stock options
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Massages, massages, massages