Lead Engineering Manager
If you love building and guiding smart and motivated engineering teams and having a real impact on the future of a company’s business, product, and technology, you’re the Lead Engineering Manager Zeel needs.
Zeel is a high-growth global wellness company, best-known for our creation of the Massage On Demand® category. Our focus is wellness for everyone - in homes, in workplaces, and at hotels and spas.
As the Lead Engineering Manager at Zeel, you take pride in building and mentoring a great engineering team, and with partnering with all parts of the Zeel business. This is a critical role that supports and touches almost everything Zeel does, internally and externally. We are a growth-stage health and wellness company based in NYC. We believe in agile development processes which favor small iterations that support rapid change. Teamwork is key to success; we build quality and security into all we do.
Our ideal person:
- Must have a solid understanding or experience of software engineering best practices
- A team player who wants to partner and work with all parts of the business, from marketing/sales to product to (of course) engineering.
- A mentor and coach by nature and experience, a team builder
- Ensures we are hiring and building capable and competent teams that are responsible for building reliable, scalable, cost efficient and secure software to solve organizational needs
- Experienced in microservices development
- Proficient and experienced in building modern, reliable, and scalable cloud based applications
- Experienced with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) software development
- An intuitive problem-solver
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- A keen focus on people, teams and processes. High performing teams, consistent delivery, and transparency are evergreen goals
- Experience working with relevant languages such as Python and Java
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing microservices in the cloud
- Empathy, transparency, and an enterprising spirit
- A strong partner to organizational stakeholders - seeks to understand the problems and opportunities of the business and orienting teams and processes to solve them
Zeel connects you to the best 5-star licensed massage therapists available on-demand at your home, hotel, workplace, or event. Zeel is not only the first mobile Massage on Demand company, with a network of over 11,000 therapists in 100+ cities, they're the largest, too. With Zeel you get everything you want in a massage: quality, convenience, access, value, and security.
Zeel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Zeel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.