Are You Looking…
- To make a difference at the fastest growing tech company in Japan?
- For a fair working environment where anyone regardless of their background can make an impact
- To invest yourself and take ownership of your work
- Forward to work in a highly flexible, remote-first organization
- To simply have a ton of fun?
We Are Zeals
A communication tech company based out of Tokyo, Japan. We are a group of scrappy and hungry bunch from different walks of life, looking to make an actual impact on the way people and businesses communicate through our AI Chatbot technology. We obsess over bringing hospitality to everyone--be it our customers or you! You’re an individual with unique needs. As an employer we are ready to roll-up our sleeves and change the status quo if it means to make your experience better!
Everyone matters here at Zeals--regardless of their background. Be it a young coding prodigy (Yes, our CTO just turned 23) to someone who hardly speaks Japanese. Everyone has a voice. We went from a small, humble apartment to a 300 people organization across multiple time zones (with no sign of stopping) in the span of 7 years--all that thanks to our members’ contributions. So, if you join us, get ready to raise up your voice and spend your time contributing to projects that matter!
Our last 2 years have been phenomenal and we are still growing (with so much untapped potential). While we can’t attract you with ping-pong tables or all-you-can-drink espresso bars. We can promise you full flexibility on your workstyle and co-workers that you can brag about to your friends, family or anyone you meet the next time you go out for a party!
Your Typical Day With Us
- Develop a data pipeline supporting our growing data needs
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
- Help designing a data lakehouse using the latest technologies and ideologies
- Help deprecate legacy code and replace it with new architecture
- Improve our data quality and scalability of our data-reliant systems
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to create value from data
What You Bring
- 3+ years of proven experience as a data engineer or similar role
- Experience in modern data warehouse design (Dimension, facts, marts, slowly changing dimensions etc)
- Experience with troubleshooting issues in data pipeline processes.
- Experience in managing data flows from/ to data lake
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with Python for provisioning data pipelines
- Experience with products like Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Apache Flink, Apache Beam or related services.
- Have experience in GCP including BigQuery or related services in other cloud providers.
- Has an eye for modern data architecture
- Previous experience in creating a large-scale data pipeline
- Communicate effectively under pressure in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to liaison with all members and leaders of different nationalities and background.
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
What Makes you Stand Out
- Hands on experience with a data lakehouse
- Hands on experience on Kubernetes, Kubeflow, CI/CD tools, cloud provisioning like Pulumi/Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with data governance tools.
- Being able to build a data pipeline from the ground up.
- Have strong attention to data quality and cost of ownership for elements