WHO WE ARE
We help empower companies to build their own unique payroll service. On top of our easy-to-use payroll API, we are pioneering an all-inclusive tax engine to democratize a broken and cumbersome process providing accessibility to small, medium, and large businesses and helping Americans get paid.
Backed by over $18 million in funding by top investors such as Y Combinator, Spark Capital (Marqeta, Coinbase, Affirm), and Robinhood's Founder; Vlad Tenev, we are projected to be a forerunner in embedded payroll with an industry amassing billions of dollars in untapped revenue.
Our mission is to empower companies to become their own fin-tech company using our simple, seamless, and forward-thinking payroll technology and we'd love to learn more about you and how you could be a fit for our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for an ambitious Head of Product Marketing that will develop and execute marketing strategies to increase adoption and retention of the company's products. This role will work cross-functionally to position the value of products to customers, guide pricing and packaging, craft messaging, and plan launches.
As an early member of the Go-to-Market team, you’ll also have great influence in shaping our processes, objectives, and growth.
SOME THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON
- Product positioning and messaging - Define how the product is positioned in the market and craft messaging that communicates the product value proposition.
- Go-to-market strategy - Plan how new products or features will be launched and brought to market, including pricing, packaging and sales enablement.
- Market research - Conduct research to understand customer needs, competitive landscape, and market trends to inform product decisions.
- Product launches - Orchestrate new product announcements, releases, and campaigns to generate buzz and adoption.
- Sales enablement - Create sales collateral, playbooks, competitive intel, demos, and training to support the sales team.
- Customer stories - Gather compelling customer success stories and case studies to showcase product impact.
- Buying journey mapping - Map and optimize the customer journey from awareness to purchase and retention.
- Product/industry analyst relations - Brief analysts and influencers and leverage their coverage to increase visibility.
- Pricing strategy - Determine ideal pricing models and packages for the product portfolio.
- Product marketing team leadership - Recruit, manage, and develop a high-performing product marketing team.
- Cross-functional collaboration - Work closely with product, sales, and marketing teams to align strategies.
- 8+ years of work experience across marketing, communication, strategy
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Senior Product Marketing, Head of Product Marketing
- 4+ years of experience at companies with Enterprise products
- Strong Communication Skills - able to attend client meetings, and presentations to stakeholders, work cross-functionally
- Strong Copywriting Skills – able to write thoughtful copy across white-papers, guides, webinar templates, and more.
- Start-Up Alignment - hustle mentality, and willing to do tasks within the marketing function that span beyond product marketing.
- Marketing leader (strong vision, opinionated, can serve as an IC leader)
- Has examples of bringing their Zeal and delivering Wow in their research, presentations, independent thinking, resourcefulness
NICE TO HAVE’S
- Experience in fintech or API companies beyond Enterprise marketing experience
- Prior management experience – has managed 1-6 people in a past role
- Prior startup experience or experience as the first marketing hire at a company
- Quick learner that can digest technical concepts quickly
- Has examples of working collaboratively with sales and product leadership
- Grit Mentality - has proven examples of going above and beyond in their work
- Sense of Urgency - has examples of completing design work on time and is proactive when blocked
We are located in the SoMa district of San Francisco and we value in-person collaboration and communication as we grow and scale our business. We are a tight-knit, inclusive community that is into: music 🎵, cocktails 🍹, pets 🐈🐕, ping-pong 🏓 and above all else ~ high-quality espresso ☕ but more importantly we value championing for our employees to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone!
- 🩺 100% health coverage premium paid by the company; vision, dental, and 80% for dependents with HSA options
- ➕ Life Insurance, Accidental Insurance, and access to free EAP services
- 💸 Generous salary and equity for all staff
- 🪟 10-year equity option exercise window for all employees
- 🪜 401k option; helping you save for the future
- 🚌 Commuters Stipend for all SF-based employees
- 📚 Yearly Professional Development Stipend to use on courses, books, events, etc
- 🥤 Monthly Happy Hours, Team Lunches, Boba breaks, and lots of Events (board games, trivia, bowling, VR, golfing, hiking)
- 👏 Company Wide Offsite every year (2023, Coronado Island 🏝 2022 was Sonoma and Napa 🍷)
- 🦓 Awesome Zeal Swag - did you know a group of Zebra is called a Zeal, that’s why we have a Zebra mascot!
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
This is our process for most of our roles, but sometimes stages are subject to change from time to time, we will definitely notify you of the change ahead of time.
Step 1: ✋ Chat with our Chief of Staff - Anshul - 20 mins
Step 2: 💬 Chat with our CEO - Kirti - 30 mins
Step 3: 💵 Take-Home Assignment - 2-4 hours
Step 4: 💻 Final Interview - 2.5 hours
After a few days to 1 week, we will get back to you with a decision
OUR COMPENSATION & PHILOSOPHY
The range for this role is between $145,000-160,000 for California-based candidates
Check out our Job Leveling, Salary, and Equity Guide to learn more! https://www.notion.so/Job-Leveling-Salary-and-Equity-at-Zeal-ae4900f63acd465e871a76c5afa9cbbe?pvs=21
❤️ If you are curious to know more about our culture, check out our Notion Culture Doc
Our company (Puzzl Group, aka Zeal) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.