We're on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is accessible and dependable, at a fraction of today's cost. By creating a safe, efficient and convenient approach to healthcare we’ve already provided over 6 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, Commercial & Operations Specialists all work collaboratively to build a digital healthcare platform that enables our patients to find the right healthcare quickly, effectively, and discreetly so they can do more of what matters to them.
At the end of 2020, we secured a second round of investment and completed two exciting acquisitions in Germany. We're a scaleup company with ambitious growth plans.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be in charge of one of our main focus areas. We have four tribes which you can choose from. Patient experience, ongoing care, doctor experience, platform and tools. Throughout your onboarding, you will learn more about those areas. Based on your affinities you will then choose one. You will also be paired with a more junior designer and will have the opportunity to collaborate and share your expertise allowing knowledge to flow among the team.
- Work on real user problems - From patients in a hurry to doctors running digital consultations, you will work to solve problems that have a real impact on people’s life.
- Craft the future of healthcare - It is through technology that ZAVA has been able to make efficiency gains in the healthcare sector. To continue pushing boundaries and expand the company, our platform needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Collaborate with talented individuals from a wide range of backgrounds - We have Clinicians, Pharmacists, a Doctor turned Developer as well as the usual folk you’d expect in a tech company.
- A fast paced entrepreneurial environment - You define how you want to contribute to the company. You and your team decide what is important and navigate the ambiguity that comes from being in a rapidly developing sector going through a lot of change.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Framing and unpacking complex user problems
- User research, competitor analysis
- Create compelling user journeys
- Design efficient interfaces solving user problems
- Prototype journeys for testing
- Promote solutions to various stakeholders
- Assist developers into implementing your solutions
- User testing and concept validation
- Contribute in the UX toolbox and team rituals
Experience and qualifications:
- You have a can-do attitude. Always bringing material to the table.
- You have four to five years working with other designers in user-centric companies.
- You have shipped multiple experiences in consumer products.
- You can demonstrate what it takes to create great user experiences.
- You are a team player and used to working in cross-functional teams.
- You are a self-organised and analytical thinker.
- You carry a comprehensive user experience toolbox allowing you to solve complex problems.
- You have a user-focused mindset leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to sharpen your decisions.
- You are a compassionate and empathetic person, leading the way in incorporating user feedback.
- You are a great communicator. Your skills allow you to tell compelling stories, facilitate and run engaging workshops.
- You understand the digital world clearly, web, native and new technologies overall.
- You have a positive and candid attitude and are always listening to others' points of view.
By the way, we do not expect you to rock all these traits, but we will be carefully monitoring those and expect you to demonstrate them during the application process.
Line Manager: Principal UX Designer
- CV & Portfolio review - Product and UX review your work
- 15mins phone screening with Talent Team
- 30mins video call with Hiring Manager
- Take home design task
- If your design task is successful, you will be invited to present, discuss, challenge and refine your concepts with our panel interview of 3-4 key stakeholders maximum
Benefits from the day you join:
- 29 days holiday with an extra day off for your Birthday
- Remote flexible working
- Macbook Pro
- Exclusive employee discount platform
- Preventional sports courses
- Headspace premium membership
- Hamburg: Dog friendly office with a barista quality coffee machine in the heart of Eppendorf, directly located at Eppendorfer Baum
Additional benefits following probation period:
- €550 training budget per year (after 3 months)
- Company sabbatical after 2 years
- Opportunity to work abroad for 2 months each year
- Opportunity to relocate to one of our global offices (dependent upon meeting eligibility criteria)
- Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 10am - 4pm. How you make up the rest of the hours, to make a total of 40 hours per week, is up to you!
Diversity is everywhere and it makes the world a more interesting place. At ZAVA we encourage diversity, welcome difference and celebrate new ideas. Everyone is welcome to apply to ZAVA, regardless of origin, creed, disability, age, nationality, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, gender or other legally protected reasons. Additionally, research shows that generally, men are happy to apply for positions where they fit 60% of the requirements or higher, whereas women and underrepresented groups often will not apply unless they fit the requirements almost entirely. If you think you’d be great in this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements we have listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please note: certain positions will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.