We’re an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we’ve provided over 6 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we’re on a mission to do so much more! We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to help us take our systems to the next level with a focus on data ingestion and processing. This is an exciting chance to join a growing data team consisting of engineers and analysts as we move from solving everyday business intelligence questions to more advanced analytics on a varied and fast-growing dataset.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Knowledge Sharing - We’re learning all the time (mostly from each other) because we don’t work in silos. We talk, teach and ask questions - sharing knowledge so that we can all develop new skills.
- Make an impact - Leading a collaborative problem-solving process to define meaningful, relevant and easily understood KPIs around product performance, you will see the impact of your insights and the overall value to the business.
- Trust and autonomy - You’ll have the freedom to manage your own schedule and will be trusted to run projects from end-to-end.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - aside from salary we offer a company-wide bonus scheme, training budget, 10% R&D and learning time and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed).
- prepare data pipelines for scale
- ensure accuracy and integrity of data
- working in a cloud based environment (we use AWS)
- database performance improvements and optimisation
- identify existing bottlenecks and potential areas for improvement in our current data architecture
- work alongside our senior data engineer to introduce new cutting edge technologies
- assist with the implementation of new data storage methods (such as data lakes)
- develop Python scripts to perform complex transformations and aggregations to enable analysts to surface valuable insights
- Python/SQL knowledge (1-2 years experience minimum of both)
- Track record of working with ETL pipelines (both transactional and event-driven) and data warehouses (preferably Redshift)
- Experience delivering data engineering projects end-to-end (from design through to implementation)
- Data Lake experience
- Cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Previous experience working with CI/CD (preferably with Jenkins)
- Version control (git) and test-driven development
- 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays) + Birthday day off
- £500 training budget per year
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company sabbatical after 2 years
- Remote flexible working
- Macbook pro
- Office Food & drinks
- Dog-friendly office