We’re on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today’s cost. By creating a safe, efficient and convenient approach to healthcare we’ve already provided over 6 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, Commercial & Operations Specialists all work collaboratively to build a digital healthcare platform that enables our patients to find the right healthcare quickly, effectively, and discreetly so they can do more of what matters to them.
At the end of 2020, we secured a second round of investment and completed two exciting acquisitions in Germany, we’re a scaleup company with ambitious growth plans.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
As a UX designer, you will be in charge of one of our main focus areas. Our initiatives are delivered through 4 tribes; Patient experience, Ongoing care, Doctor experience and Platform & tools. Throughout your onboarding, you will learn more about those areas and based on your projects and experiences (and affinities) we will work together to assign you to one. You may also be paired with a more junior designer and will have the opportunity to collaborate and share your expertise allowing knowledge to flow among the UX team.
What's in it for you?
- Work on real user problems. From patients in a hurry to doctors conducting digital consultations, you will work to solve problems that have a real impact on people’s lives.
- Craft the future of healthcare. It is through technology that ZAVA has been able to make efficiency gains in the healthcare sector. To continue pushing boundaries and expand the company, our platform needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Collaborate with talented individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. We have clinicians, pharmacists, a doctor turned developer as well as the usual folk you’d expect in a tech company.
- A fast paced entrepreneurial environment. You define how you want to contribute to the company. You and your team decide what is important and navigate the ambiguity that comes from being in a rapidly developing sector going through a lot of change - further accelerated by a global health crisis.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Framing and unpacking complex user problems
- User research, competitor analysis
- Create compelling user journeys
- Design efficient interfaces solving user problems
- Prototype journeys for testing
- Promote solutions to various stakeholders
- Assist developers into implementing your solutions.
- User testing and concept validation
- Contribute in the UX toolbox and team rituals
What we are looking for:
- You have a can-do attitude. Always bringing material to the table.
- You have four to five years working with other designers in user-centric companies.
- You have shipped multiple experiences in consumer products.
- You can demonstrate what it takes to create great user experiences.
- You are a team player and used to working in cross-functional teams.
- You are a self-organised and analytical thinker.
- You carry a comprehensive user experience toolbox allowing you to solve complex problems.
- You have a user-focused mindset leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to sharpen your decisions.
- You are a compassionate and empathetic person, leading the way in incorporating user feedback.
- You are a great communicator. Your skills allow you to tell compelling stories, facilitate and run engaging workshops.
- You understand the digital world clearly, web, native and new technologies overall.
- You have a positive and candid attitude and are always listening to others' points of view.
By the way, we do not expect you to rock all those traits, but we will be carefully monitoring those and expect you to demonstrate them during the application process.
Added bonus if you:
- Have experience in Digital Healthcare
- Can speak German
- Portfolio review
- Product and UX review your work
- Call with Talent Team
- Hiring Manager 121 call (Video)
- About you
- Your experience
- Your aspirations
- Panel Interview in front of 3-4 employees
- Demo one shipped / live experience
- Explain your process, challenges, skills you brought to the project, artefacts you had to create, who was involved.
- Explain your learnings
- Live design challenge
- A live online workshop type session (Miro or Figjam)
- Choosing from our proposed problems you will take us through your process to approach the problem. You run the show.
- (Problems will be disclosed soon before the session, to keep the session organic and natural)
- We expect you to lead the room and show your thinking process, your areas of focus, the journeys you want to design for, and a clear plan of action for pushing your ideas forward.