Since our inception in 2011, we’ve been on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today’s cost. To date, we’ve provided over 5 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
We began our mission with an asynchronous approach to healthcare. Patients fill out a short medical questionnaire for review by our in-house doctors and once approved the appropriate medication is sent directly to their door. Our approach has been successful in removing the time and effort needed to visit a GP in person and in treating a high volume of patients within a relatively short space of time.
Our pharmacy is busier than ever but since our $32m investment in 2019, we have been adding to our offering to become a more holistic healthcare provider. Now, we offer live one-to-one video consultations in Germany through our iOS and Android apps, have white-label partnerships in the UK, and are constantly looking at ways to do more for our patients.
We have ambitious growth plans at ZAVA, after a second successful round of investment and following the completion of two exciting acquisitions in Germany, and we are now in the early phases of developing partnerships with statutory healthcare providers, as well as health insurers so that we can offer our services with reduced costs to our patients.
We aim to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
We are looking for a creative Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to manage our Cloud infrastructure and devops activities. In this role, your duties will include supervising junior developers, developing software and configuring systems, and performing diagnostic tests throughout the stages of development and management of infrastructure.
To ensure success as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you should demonstrate extensive experience in DevOps, cloud engineering and managing junior developers. Outstanding senior cloud infrastructure engineers optimize and enhance a company's software performance.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Knowledge Sharing - We’re learning all the time (mostly from each other) because we don’t work in silos. We talk, teach and ask questions - sharing knowledge so that we can all develop new skills.
- Wide range and variety of data - From sensitive patient data to marketing and web analytics, you can expect to work with a wide range of complex data.
- Make an impact - Leading a collaborative problem-solving process to define meaningful, relevant and easily understood KPIs around product performance, you will see the impact of your insights and the overall value to the business.
- Trust and autonomy - You’ll have the freedom to manage your own schedule and will be trusted to run projects from end-to-end. A lot of analysis will be performed in SQL but you’ll also be given the flexibility to use other data tools such as Python and R - whatever you prefer using. We also welcome our employees to introduce new tools, experiences and ways of working.
- Company wide benefits - As well as a competitive salary, you’ll be offered an annual £500 training budget, a team social budget, Simply Health cash plan & wellbeing, a bonus scheme as well flexible & remote working opportunities (to be discussed with your manager). You’ll also be offered the cycle-to-work scheme, a season ticket loan, and an office with a bike rack, showers, free fruit, coffee when applicable!
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
It’s hard to describe the breadth and depth for this role, something we can discuss during the interview process, but here are the key points:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Maintaining and improving the existing cloud infrastructure
- Apply latest DevOps, infrastructure as a code practices when appropriate
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Mentoring junior DevOps Developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Managing the installation and configuration of solutions.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Measure and optimise system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward
For this role you need to:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Master's degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in DevOps engineering, team management, and collaboration.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) Serverless, EC2, Networking and ECS
- Advanced knowledge Terraform, Ansible
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Typescript, and writing code and scripts.
- Ability to oversee and mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management.
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform debugging.
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional Troubleshooting skills.
Your line manager will be:
Head of Cloud and Infrastructure Operations
Core working hours:
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.