We're on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is accessible and dependable, at a fraction of today's cost. By creating a safe, efficient and convenient approach to healthcare we’ve already provided over 6 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, Commercial & Operations Specialists all work collaboratively to build a digital healthcare platform that enables our patients to find the right healthcare quickly, effectively, and discreetly so they can do more of what matters to them.
At the end of 2020, we secured a second round of investment and completed two exciting acquisitions in Germany. We're a scaleup company with ambitious growth plans.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
ZAVA is growing rapidly throughout Europe. We are looking for an individual with agile project manager expertise and experience in the DE healthcare sector to lead a team of project and operations managers driving forward the operations workstream of the new initiative, fixing day-to-day issues and managing the relationships for our key operational partners.
You will work closely with the Head of German Operations to define and lead the operations project stream for all initiatives in the DE markets, define the parameters of any project and implement solutions that work. As we launch quickly, often in MVP format, you will orchestrate a culture of continuous improvement as we iterate, improve our patient and doctor offering and identify cost saving efficiencies. This role will also need to navigate a number of stakeholders within the wider business including commercial, legal, product and tech. An understanding of agile methodologies will be essential as you interface with our product squads and tribes to get things done.
A strategic focus for the business involves doubling down on the partnerships we have in addition to establishing new partners. Therefore you can expect to be working with partner pharmacies, clinics and laboratories, DiGAs as well as other healthcare organisations to expand and evolve our target operating models to reach new patients.
What can you expect from working with us/what’s in it for you?
- Trust and autonomy - You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your own schedule, whilst delivering to set deadlines.
- Receptiveness to new ideas - We’re breaking new ground all the time, which means there’s no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
- Cross-company collaboration - You will have the opportunity to work closely with several teams from across the business including Clinical, Product, Tech, Legal, Commercial.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - in addition to salary, we offer a training budget as well as learning time and flexible working (work patterns can be discussed). During the Covid 19 pandemic we offer full home office work.
- Shape and drive our transformation of the DE healthcare system - We have some very ambitious plans for the next 18 months that will result in a number of sizable and interesting projects within both the out of pocket and statutory healthcare space.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Voice of the operation: You will be an important interface for all of the operational teams (and others) within the business. When scoping and delivering big new initiatives it’s essential that you can translate the needs of our Pharmacy Partner, Partner Doctor, Partner Doctor Management and Customer Support teams and stay engaged with this group in particular. You will support the integration of new business models into existing structures in the company together with the Head of German Operations. You will also be working with programme management (if the project is part of a programme) and related projects to ensure work is not overlooked or duplicated.
- Third Party relationships: You will work closely with a number of third parties to manage expectations and deliver ops workstreams to agreed timelines, and partner satisfaction. It is essential that you communicate with the customer, other stakeholders and within the organization.
- Data Driven Working: Our day to day work relies heavily on data and you must be comfortable using and analysing data to show trends, successes or gaps in the cooperation. This could be setting up new performance reporting for our partners or using data to deep dive into costs or operational initiatives.
- Team Collaboration and Project Work: Working with a number of teams across the business, you will need to collaborate with other work streams such as commercial, product, data and customer service to ensure smooth daily operations.
Experience and qualifications:
- Proven experience in a senior client facing role, comfortable with navigating difficult conversations.
- A strong track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- Working within a complex and evolving environment where you can cut through noise to bring day-to-day operational issues to resolution.
- Management of operational KPIs (e.g. customer satisfaction, fulfilment etc...)
- Proficient in Google Suite and MS Office, Asana would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven record thinking holistically and working in collaboration with tech and commercial functions to deliver improvements.
- Experience working in continuous improvement cycles internally within a business to drive efficiencies or service improvement. Ideally with Lean Six Sigma qualification.
- Having worked within a regulated environment, ideally within primary healthcare.
- Experience delivering complex project workstreams to tight deadlines.
- Business fluency in written and verbal English.
Added bonus if you have experience:
- Background in customer service with a strong appreciation and understanding of how to put the patient at the heart of operational change.
- Experience working within a startup or scaleup business and understanding how to navigate an agile organisation.
- Exposure to Agile and project methodologies.
- Additional European languages are desirable.
Head of Germany Operations
- 15min Screening Call with Talent Specialist
- 30min Hiring Manager Video call
- 1 hour Panel Interview with Head of Operations, Head of Germany Operations and People Partner
Benefits from the day you join:
- 29 days holiday with an extra day off for your Birthday
- Remote flexible working
- Macbook Pro
- Exclusive employee discount platform
- Preventional sports courses
- Headspace premium membership
Additional benefits following probation period:
- €550 training budget per year (after 3 months)
- Company sabbatical after 2 years
- Opportunity to work abroad for 2 months each year
- Opportunity to relocate to one of our global offices (dependent upon meeting eligibility criteria)
- Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.