Since our inception in 2011, we’ve been on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today’s cost. To date, we’ve provided over 5 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
We began our mission with an asynchronous approach to healthcare. Patients fill out a short medical questionnaire for review by our in-house doctors and once approved the appropriate medication is sent directly to their door. Our approach has been successful in removing the time and effort needed to visit a GP in person and in treating a high volume of patients within a relatively short space of time.
Our pharmacy is busier than ever but since our $32m investment in 2019, we have been adding to our offering to become a more holistic healthcare provider. Now, we offer live one-to-one video consultations in Germany through our iOS and Android apps, have white-label partnerships in the UK, and are constantly looking at ways to do more for our patients.
We have ambitious growth plans at ZAVA, after a second successful round of investment and following the completion of two exciting acquisitions in Germany, and we are now in the early phases of developing partnerships with statutory healthcare providers, as well as health insurers so that we can offer our services with reduced costs to our patients.
We aim to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
The role of a Clinical Doctor for UK and IE is to complete consultations for our Irish and UK patients. We are looking for a GMC registered Doctor who can start with us in London but be able to become IMC registered and relocate to our WeWork office in Dublin.
Day-to-day your work will encompass:
- Complete asynchronous consultations for patients based in Ireland and the UK through our online platform. This includes reviewing patient assessments and prescribing treatments where appropriate in line with our clinical guidelines, as well as responding to patient messages and reporting on lab results for tests taken by patients
- Support our partner healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, in delivering live consultations (travel consultations, vaccinations, venipuncture etc)
- Consult with patients through telephone consultations where required
- Work with the customer services team and medical administration team to ensure clear communication with patients and other healthcare professionals
- Work with the Clinical Lead and Service Development Lead to identify and build on opportunities to expand the service within Ireland
- Engage with clinical governance processes and audit
- Where necessary, be involved with reviewing content and PR or marketing materials to ensure these are clinically accurate
- Engage with and be involved in peer-led teaching and training within the clinical team
Requirements for role:
- GMC registered and happy to become IMC registered with our support, upon completion you'll need to be happy relocating to Dublin, again with our support
- Completion of General Practice training
- A caring and reflective practitioner that’s able to interpret and adhere to guidelines and evidence-based medicine
- Motivated, curious and open to new developments within medicine, digital and business.
- Interested in how new technology and strategies can improve patient outcomes.
- Computer literate
- Committed to lifelong learning and professional development. We have an extensive teaching programme and encourage our clinical team to share insight and knowledge both within the team and the wider company.
- Good at prioritising workload, managing stakeholders and liaising with different teams.
- Special interest in sexual health, women’s health and/or dermatology
- Over 2 years experience working in General Practice setting post-GP training
- Experience in digital healthcare/telemedicine
- French or German language skills would be advantageous
What can you expect from working with us?
- Safe and regulated environment - we have passed multiple regulatory inspections
- Opportunity to influence the future of healthcare - Outside of your clinical role you will review the ways in which we can help more patients through innovation. You will play a key role in how we increase our clinical offering, expand our range of services and refine and improve our platform.
- Patient-focused mentality - Care is our fundamental deep-down motivation. We’re an organisation full of smart people who care - about patients, about each other and about doing the right thing. And because of this, we receive great patient reviews (Zava UK - Trustpilot)
- Forward-thinking, collaborative and social team - You will be part of a wider dedicated team of doctors - a dynamic group of IMC-registered doctors from a range of backgrounds.
- Weekly training - You will take part in our extensive weekly training and teaching programme, learning how to safely practice and develop digital healthcare.
- Cross Company Collaboration - To ensure our patients receive the best care, you will work closely with our Customer Support team. You will also collaborate with the Service Expansion team, Product Development, User Research, Public Relations, Marketing and IT to guarantee our platform remains safe, relevant and easy to use.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - As well as a competitive salary we also offer a company-wide bonus scheme, generous study leave / budget, full insurance cover (you won’t need supplementary medical indemnity) and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed).
Clinical Lead (UK & Ireland)
Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm office based.
We will consider applicants looking for flexible/part-time hours, this is open for discussion.