The healthcare sector is undergoing a digital revolution and ZAVA is at the forefront of this change. We’re currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe, having provided more than 6 million paid consultations since 2011 to patients across Germany, France, UK, and Ireland. We also offer our healthcare services in partnership with several well-known highstreet brands in the UK. But we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients.
Having recently secured a further round of funding, we’re accelerating our growth plans. We’re building out our dedicated team of smart, curious people so that we can significantly expand our services and patient offering.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced people manager to lead our UK content team. The team produces informative, trustworthy, and engaging medical content for a range of formats (website, UX copy, newsletters, social, PPC ads, print flyers) for ZAVA and our partner brands. The healthcare industry presents unique content opportunities and challenges. Information relating to health can be difficult to understand, often written in complex medical language. At ZAVA, we aim to make healthcare accessible for everyone.
You’ll work within the Marketing team, managing a team of 4 content professionals from executive to senior level, and be supported by the Head of Content.
What can you expect from working with us?
Receptiveness to new ideas - We’re breaking new ground all the time, which means there’s no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
Variety - You’ll be involved in a range of content projects including creating new patient journeys, informational pages about a broad range of medical conditions and medications, newsletters, social, and print copy.
Opportunity to influence the future of healthcare - Digital healthcare is here and has the power to transform the way the world gets better. This is our chance to be the best in a radically new industry.
Competitive salary, remote working, and other benefits - aside from salary we offer a company-wide bonus scheme, training budget, and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed).
Day-to-day your responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of our content quality for the UK market, working with the team to ensure the highest standards are set and maintained
- Help to establish the ZAVA brand personality and tone across our website and in all marketing efforts in the UK, supported by the Head of Content
- Establish and maintain an agreed tone of voice in all content created for our partners
- Work with internal stakeholder from the marketing, commercial, and product teams on quarterly planning for the UK content team, resourcing accordingly and managing all content budgets for the UK
- Make sure all agreed content projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Commission and edit impactful medical web content that helps patients make informed decisions about their healthcare needs
- Use data insights from tools such as Google Analytics and Looker to suggest strategies for page improvements
- Manage a team of 4, providing guidance and training
- Work closely with the content leads responsible for FR and DE to share knowledge and best practices, and other teams within Marketing such as SEO, PR, PPC, and Email
For this role you need to:
- Be naturally passionate about content that resonates with new and existing audiences
- Be experienced in making complex topics easy to understand, using plain English and accessibility best-practices
- Have at least 8 years experience in content creation and management, at least 3 years of which in a senior role, managing and developing a team of content writers, editors, or copywriters
- Have experience in working with UX design teams on creating intuitive and accessible user journeys
- Ideally have experience in creating content pages that rank highly in SERP through SEO improvements
- Be ambitious about content playing a key role in the growth of ZAVA, both as a business and as a key player in the future of healthcare
- Have previously held full ownership over content quality and strategy delivery for a specific market, project, or business objective
- Have experience in using analytics tools and making data-driven decisions, for example for conversion rate optimisation
It would also be advantageous to have experience with:
- Promoting a “Content First” approach within a small to medium sized organisation
- Managing external agencies
- Creating medical content