We’re an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we’ve provided almost 4 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role:
You are responsible for the entire medical content on the Zava Germany website. You will write, review, edit and sign off impactful medical web content that helps patients learn about their healthcare needs, and empowers them to make informed decisions. You are the gatekeeper for maintaining editorial standards and medical accuracy to a highest level by implementing quality control at all stages of a project.
Our content vision is to become a trusted source of accurate, accessible, and genuinely helpful healthcare information. Almost 1 in 5 people now look online to answer their healthcare questions, before or after visiting their doctor; but authoritative medical information can be hard to find, and even more difficult to understand.
To realise this vision, we’re developing an innovative, uniquely accessible, trustworthy medical content platform.
We’re looking for an experienced Medical Editor to play an important role in taking our content offering to the next level, as we establish Zava as a leading online source of medical content in Germany. Reporting into the Senior Content Manager Germany you’ll work within the Marketing team and alongside other Content Managers.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Cross-company collaboration - In addition to working with marketing colleagues specialising in SEO, Content and Retention, you’ll also collaborate with teams from across the organisation including the Clinical / Service Expansion, Product Development and User Research.
- Receptiveness to new ideas - We’re breaking new ground all the time, which means there’s no tried and tested way yet. We want you to push the boundaries, try new things and take responsibility for big ideas.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - aside from salary we offer a company-wide bonus scheme, training budget and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed). Our brand new, central London office has excellent transport links. We’re also a dog friendly office.
- Trust and autonomy - You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your own schedule.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Content creation - You write, review and edit medical content for the Zava Website and other marketing channels.
- Researching new topics - You develop ideas for new topics based on the latest research and trends in the medical/health sector.
- Content/UX improvements - You are keen to improve our existing medical pages based on content best practices. You work closely with the creative and product teams on visual and template improvements.
- Service launches - You coordinate the medical content creation for new service/product launches and deliver them to the agreed timeline.
- Informational videos about medical topics - You work closely with the creative and SEO teams to input on potential medical video content and coordinate the required content work.
- Point of contact with doctors - You coordinate medical sign off requests from clinical and marketing teams and ensure they are delivered to the agreed timeline.
- Support marketing initiatives - Work closely with Content Managers, the other Marketing teams, including SEO, acquisition, Brand and Retention to support a variety of marketing initiatives.
For this role you will need:
- To be a German native speaker, with excellent writing skills and flawless grammar
- To be naturally passionate about medical content that resonates with a new and existing audience
- A degree in a medical/scientific field e.g. medicine, pharmacy or medical journalism
- Previous experience in an equivalent role
- To be ambitious about Content playing a key role in the growth of Zava, both as a business and as a key player in the future of healthcare
- To be good at building strong relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders
- To be experienced in owning your areas of delivery
- To have a good level of spoken and written English
- SEO experience