We’re on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today’s cost. By creating a safe, efficient and convenient approach to healthcare we’ve already provided over 6 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
Our team of Doctors, Engineers, Customer Support Advisors, Marketers, Product Managers, UX Designers, Pharmacists, Commercial & Operations Specialists all work collaboratively to build a digital healthcare platform that enables our patients to find the right healthcare quickly, effectively, and discreetly so they can do more of what matters to them.
At the end of 2020, we secured a second round of investment and completed two exciting acquisitions in Germany. We're a scaleup company with ambitious growth plans.
We’re here because we care about healthcare and we plan to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic QA Engineer to join us here at ZAVA that thinks ahead about the quality of our products. You will take responsibility for the quality of products and processes we provide, developing, maintaining and advocating test practices, from the product analysis to monitoring issues after functionalities go live. We are looking for those that thrive in an Agile environment in cross-functional teams. The role will advocate test and quality practices, developing, maintaining and improving tests, coverage and driving automation.
- Chance to influence the future of healthcare - It is through technology that ZAVA has been able to make efficiency gains in the healthcare sector. To continue pushing boundaries and expand the company, our technology needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Agile, cross-functional working - We work in autonomous teams composed of Product Owner, UI / UX Designers, QA, Front and Back End Engineers. Depending on the mission, we also embed or collaborate with others from across the business such as Infrastructure Engineers, Data Analysts, Clinical, Marketing and Legal.
- Opportunity to drive our technological direction - We have started building our future platform but still have lots of systems to design, build and operate. This means there’s loads of opportunity for you to push the boundaries of quality, increase our test coverage and automation, quality awareness and try new things.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Taking ownership of Quality - You will be responsible for owning the quality of products and services that you deliver, ensuring that each feature has had the correct product analysis and then tested at the right level, whilst staying up to date with the newest technology.
- Developing and maintaining testing practices - You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing and extending the automation test suites, collaboratively reviewing and document the acceptance criteria of stories and features whilst also debugging and replicating reported issues.
- Contributing to and creating a collaborative, information sharing environment - Collaboratively review and document the acceptance criteria of stories and features. Proactively reaching out for information and being vocal about quality standards and good practices. Work with the other QA Engineers to ensure consistency of approach, tools and practices used across teams.
Experience and qualifications:
- Strong software testing fundamentals
- Ability to work independently
- Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) to capture acceptance criteria
- Debugging and analysis of issues
- Automation API testing (we use Postman)
- Cross browser / Device testing (we use Browserstack and real devices)
- Basic Linux skills (find a file, view log files etc)
Added bonus if you have experience:
- Visual difference testing (we use Percy)
- Continuous Integration job setup and configuration (we use Jenkins)
- Docker containers
- German or French language skills
- Load Testing
- Contract Testing
Line Manager: QA Lead
- Call with Talent Team
- Hiring Manager Screening Call
- Technical pairing exercise
- Panel Interview + Engineering Manager wrap up call
Benefits from the day you join:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Birthday day off
- Healthcare cash back plan through SimplyHealth
- Access to SimplyHealth advice, counselling and corporate discounts
- Free access to all services on the ZAVA website
- Membership to Headspace (mindfulness application)
- Remote flexible working
- Macbook Pro
- Modern office with breakfast, hot drinks, bike storage and shower facilities
- Dog friendly office
Additional benefits following probation period:
- £500 training budget per year (after 3 months)
- Company sabbatical after 2 years
- Opportunity to work from overseas for 2 months each year
- Opportunity to relocate to one of our global offices (dependent upon meeting eligibility criteria)
- Enrolled on discretionary company bonus scheme
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.