We’re an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we’ve provided almost 4 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Front-end Engineer with experience in building beautiful web applications with solid technical foundations. We’re an agile, highly collaborative and passionate team with complementing skills sets, and you should be open to coaching others and expanding your skills. We picked VueJS for our front-end - read here to understand our thought process behind this key decision.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Opportunity to drive our technological direction - We have started building our future platform but still have lots of systems to design, build and operate. This means there’s loads of opportunity for you to push the boundaries and try new things.
- Agile, cross-functional working - We work in autonomous teams consisting of a Product Owner, UI / UX Designers, QA, Front and Back End Engineers. Depending on the mission, we also embed or collaborate with others from across the business such as Infrastructure Engineers, Data Analysts, Clinical, Marketing and Legal.
- Chance to influence the future of healthcare - It is through technology that Zava has been able to make efficiency gains in the healthcare sector. To continue pushing boundaries and expand the company, our technology needs to evolve and grow and you will play a significant role in deciding what we do next.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - aside from salary we offer a company-wide bonus scheme, training budget, 10% R&D and learning time and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed). Our brand new, central London office has excellent transport links.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Improving our UI - You will be responsible for implementing new features, completely new flows, incremental updates to our current UI as well as creating shareable and reusable UI components to the design system.
- Experimentation - You will work with UI/UX Designers to create high fidelity prototypes to improve usability. You will also design and run multi-variant tests to test new features.
- Collaboration - Our teams are always working collaboratively. As such, you will collaborate with other engineers on making improvements, best code practices and review code.
- High quality code - Code to high quality standards and ensure your work is tested (unit, integration, end-to-end) and help to define these standards where missing.
For this role you need to have experience with:
- Expert level HTML and CSS
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and postprocessors (SASS, PostCSS)
- Modern front-end framework (Vue.js, React etc.)
- Advocate for Agile testing methodology (ex; Agile Testing Pyramid)
- RESTful API consumption
- Build and packaging tools (npm script, Webpack, Babel)
- Basic understanding in PHP / Node.js / Go or any other backend language
- HTTP, CDNs, page rendering performance & optimization
- Experience with browser devtools (Chrome or Firefox Devtools)
- Code versioning tools, such as git
- Team player who has experience working in an Agile environment
- Passionate about technology and delivery
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Clear verbal and written communication
It would also be advantageous to have experience with any of:
- Understanding accessibility needs and techniques
- RESTful API development
- Split testing and analytics (e.g. Optimizely, Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Good skills in any backend language
- AWS and Serverless
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Github Actions, etc.)
- Experience with End-to-End testing tools (Cypress, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Experience with Search Engine Optimisation (best practices, approaches)
- Server Side Rendering and Headless CMS