We’re an online doctor service and currently one of the largest digital healthcare players in Europe offering fast, convenient and reliable access to medical advice, testing and treatment. Since 2011 we’ve provided 5 million paid consultations to patients across Germany, France, UK and Ireland but we want to do more. We want to break down barriers to health and provide accessible, dependable healthcare to even more patients. That means finding smart, curious people to help us significantly expand our services and patient offering as well as exploring how to support statutory healthcare systems.
About the role:
Whilst we don’t currently have any vacancies in our clinical team for English-speaking GMC registered doctors, we’re always keen to hear from GP’s with an interest in digital healthcare. If you like the sound of how we’re using technology to support our patients and would be interested in a role with us in the future, please register your interest. We will keep your application on file for one-year in line with GDPR legislation and will let you know when we have a vacancy.
What can you expect from working with us?
- Safe and regulated environment - we have passed multiple regulatory inspections in the UK including a recent inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who consider us to be a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led telemedicine provider (Zava CQC Report)
- Opportunity to influence the future of healthcare - Outside of your clinical role you will review the ways in which we can help more patients through innovation. You will play a key role in how we increase our clinical offering, expand our range of services and refine and improve our platform.
- Patient-focused mentality - Care is our fundamental deep-down motivation. We’re an organisation full of smart people who care - about patients, about each other and about doing the right thing. And because of this, we receive great patient reviews (Zava UK - Trustpilot)
- Forward-thinking, collaborative and social team - Reporting into the UK Clinical Lead, you will sit within a dedicated team of doctors - a dynamic group of GMC-registered doctors from a range of countries and backgrounds.
- Weekly training - You will take part in our extensive weekly training and teaching programme, learning how to safely practice and develop digital healthcare.
- Cross Company Collaboration - To ensure our patients receive the best care, you will work closely with our Customer Support team. You will also collaborate with the Service Expansion team, Product Development, User Research, Public Relations, Marketing and IT to guarantee our platform remains safe, relevant and easy to use.
- Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - As well as a competitive salary we also offer a company-wide bonus scheme, generous study leave / budget, support through your GMC-approved annual appraisals, full insurance cover (you won’t need supplementary medical indemnity) and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed). Our brand new, central London office has excellent transport links and every day we get free breakfast, fresh fruit and hot drinks, including amazing coffee served by our friendly barista. We’re also a dog friendly office.
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Patient consultations: Using our asynchronous online platform (an interface between the patient and the Doctor), you will clinically review and assess each patient consultation, answer clinical patient messages and if safe, prescribe medication or give advice in line with Zava guidelines. You will also work closely on a daily basis with our Customer Support team.
- Service Expansion: Working alongside the Clinical Lead for service expansion, you will formulate a strategy to research and implement opportunities for the UK service.
- Review of current practice: To ensure our clinical practice and guidance is safe, up-to-date and of the highest standard, you will work with your team to update existing medical guidelines and improve the patient journey.
- Public Relations and Marketing: When necessary review PR and Marketing collateral to check clinical content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Other projects: In your ‘10-percent-time’, you can work on other projects that are of particular interest to you. This time will be agreed with you and your manager during the introductory phase.
For this role you need to be:
- A GMC-registered doctor with excellent clinical knowledge and good clinical judgement acquired from relevant experience working in hospitals and/or GP practices.
- A caring and reflective practitioner that’s able to interpret and adhere to guidelines and evidence-based medicine
- Motivated, curious and open to new developments within medicine, digital and business.
- Interested in how new technology and strategies can improve patient outcomes.
- Computer literate
- Committed to lifelong learning and professional development. We have an extensive teaching programme and encourage our clinical team to share insight and knowledge both within the team and the wider company.
- Good at prioritising workload, managing stakeholders and liaising with different teams.