We’re looking for a highly collaborative Product Design leader to help advance our mission to help everyone with a need for automation find success with Zapier. Our Growth and Revenue group is responsible for our prospective customer and early user product journeys, including our acquisition experience, sign-up funnels, onboarding and optimization across our entire top of funnel, and the billing user experience.
You'll partner closely with our Go-To-Market teams to define how Zapier achieves our growth and revenue goals, and help drive a strong insights-driven design vision that delivers results. You’ll connect and balance business strategy with the user experience - working closely with design leadership peers in Product Design, Content Design, and Brand Studio, to ensure we deliver a holistic and cohesive customer experience across all touchpoints. You will lead and inspire the Product Design teams within the Growth and Revenue group to consistently elevate design quality, craft, and execution, and continually champion and advocate for our customers, users, and partners.
- 12+ years experience in UX or Product Design, ideally at a high tech, product-driven company with a global user base
- 5+ years of experience managing Product Design teams including experience building / scaling teams through hiring, growing and retaining high-performing employees
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity and proven experience in leading teams in designing engaging user experiences that deliver results
- You are a strong systems thinker You think broadly and holistically and understand how all the pieces connect together. In doing so, you continually identify key gaps in the customer experience and opportunities for improvement.
- You are an expert in UX design You are well versed in roles, methods, processes and best practices for user-centered design. You stay up to date with new methodologies and practices and seek to continually improve and evolve the team’s operations in order to produce world-class work.
- You know how to balance business strategy with user needs You understand how customer acquisition and our Go-to-market teams work, and can effectively partner with them to optimize our top of funnel. You build effective partnerships and collaborate closely across Product and our Business teams. You consider the user experience as well as the monetization opportunity and understand how to balance the two.
- You’re insights driven You help combine rapid experimentation, analytics, and user research to drive the design of high quality, low friction experiences which move key metrics you’ve helped define.
- You’re a strong cross-functional collaborator You’ll need to build strong collaborative relationships with partners across the entire organization, but in particular with key stakeholders in Marketing and Sales.
- You are a clear and persuasive communicator You have various communication methods for influencing, driving alignment, and creating commitment and a drive for success among teams and peers. You bring the voice of the customer to life, constantly advocating for our customers, users and partners. You understand how to communicate with executives for buy-in and how to vary that communication when working with partners, stakeholders and team members.
- You are a strong and empathetic leader You have expertise in building and leading high-performing, diverse and inclusive teams that have achieved large goals. You help your teams connect their work back to Zapier’s mission and strategy. You develop strong and trusted relationships with your team, supporting and enabling them to do their best work.
Things you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Go-To-Market leaders to drive and align strategy and execution across our top-of-funnel and GTM user experience.
- Work closely with Design leadership to drive the development of a cohesive and holistic Design Vision across all touchpoints along the customer journey.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Zapier’s product, Go-To-Market and Product strategies, and roadmaps across all zones in the Growth and Revenue Group.
- Establish clear priorities for Product Design teams in Growth and Revenue to execute on the vision, enabling the right level of alignment and autonomy, helping navigate any cross-team dependencies or challenges.
- Advocate effectively on behalf of the Product Design team, and Zapier’s customers, users, and partners, empowering them visibly and behind the scenes.
- Oversee, support and enable Design Managers in the Growth and Revenue Group and hold them accountable for driving successful outcomes with their Zones. Help define clear goals and outcomes for teams and methods for benchmarking and measurement.
- Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across teams. Proactively identify key operational challenges and opportunities and collaborate closely with Operations leaders to establish and maintain operational rhythms and systems that uphold a high standard of design quality.
- Develop a strong talent strategy aligned to a vision for the Product Design organizational structure in line with business needs. Advocate for key hires as necessary, constructing clear business cases, and recruitment plans.
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on time zones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Take the time you need to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 10 days off each year. Most of us take 25 days off per year for vacation & holidays, plus whatever sick time we need.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.