Head of Corporate Development
We’re looking for a Head of Corporate Development to lead building out this new function at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
You are an experienced corp dev leader. You have a track record of successful deals from identification to acquisition to integration. You excel at identifying good external opportunities and influencing internal leaders. You are quick to develop a deep understanding of customers, product and market.
You love and are beloved by tech company founders. You have built wide and deep relationships with founders to facilitate market mapping, information sharing, and deal making. You have an authentic, referenceable network of tech company leaders, especially in the same or adjacent space as Zapier.
You excel at strategy and execution. You know the technology market and how companies apply corp dev strategy to accelerate its business goals. You apply rigor to assessing deals across team, technology, and traction against potential fit with the business and product strategy. You go beyond basic matchmaking to turn perspectives on strategy into successful deals. You are experienced in developing and working with a framework for evaluating different types of deals and executing to a close.
You value partnering. You collaborate closely with product leadership, and value contributing to product strategy for long-term roadmaps and opportunities. You have strong analytical and financial skills to partner with the finance team on building models, evaluating ROI and setting success metrics. You excel at partnering with legal, people and technology teams at appropriate times during the deal process.
You embrace Zapier’s core values and approach to DIBE. In particular, able to define and uphold Zapier’s “default to transparency” value with respect to Corporate Development work.
Things You’ll Do
- Partner with the company leaders to define Zapier’s corporate development strategy, including a decision making model and a playbook for M&A deals
- Build strong relationships with internal leaders and product teams in order to:
- develop and maintain deep understanding of our customers and product
- help frame “build vs. buy” decisions relative to executing against product roadmaps
- understand and map out the full market landscape across partners, competitors and potential adjacencies
- Cultivate long-term relationships with founders and management teams to establish broader network for potential partnerships and strategic opportunities
- Spearhead the deal execution process and partner closely withFinance, Legal, and People teams to collaborate efficiently across the full lifecycle of a potential transaction
- Given this role will lead Corporate Development as our first official hire into the function, core responsibilities include:
- researching and tracking markets, technologies, and competitive landscape
- deploying internal “CRM” to effectively manage opportunity pipeline and communicate across stakeholders
- maintaining up to date understanding of the M&A market and trends with respect to key deal terms
- partnering with finance to diligence potential opportunities, evaluate ROI and clearly articulate the value creation, synergies, and risks associated with potential acquisitions
- lead operational execution of deals partnering with internal stakeholders assess deals, manage diligence, negotiate and execute the deal to a close
- supporting the deal sponsor to drive successful post-acquisition integration and accountability
- ultimately building out a strong Corporate Development team as the business continues to grow and evolve
The Whole Package
Location: North America
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
Retirement plan with 4% company match*
$2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
Two annual all-company retreats
14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.