Location: Most countries in North & South America
In the last year and a half, Zapier has almost doubled in size! While our recruiting team has had a direct impact in driving this growth, we’ve also been evolving the recruiting practice. As our pace of hyper growth continues, we're looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our growing team at Zapier to focus on Engineering, Product, and Design roles. If you’re interested in helping grow the team behind a product that is democratizing automation while advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
You have at least three years of experience recruiting technical roles at a software and/or technology company. You have experience evaluating candidates for a variety of technical roles. You enjoy the challenge of finding exceptional talent for hard-to-fill Software Engineering, Security, and Site Reliability individual contributor roles.
You're a trusted partner in talent. You are an advocate for creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to drive the good decisions with your hiring managers. You may be learning on how to advise interview teams on the best approach to fill their positions, but know how to manage a process that delights candidates and empowers hiring decisions.
You are a champion for diversity hiring & inclusive interview practices. At Zapier, we think that hiring and fostering a diverse team is just the right thing to do. A successful Technical Recruiter will create and deliver on D&I initiatives set by the business and the Recruiting team.
You're comfortable driving. You prefer to own your work streams and enjoy working in autonomy to progress towards your goals. You also know when to ask for help.
You provide an incredible candidate experience. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know that a job search is a challenging task and prioritize providing a more human experience for everyone that interacts with Zapier during a hiring process.
You have deep experience with Applicant Tracking Systems or CRM systems. Here at Zapier, we use Greenhouse and Gem. If you’ve not used these tools, you should feel comfortable researching them and pushing buttons to see what happens.
You are data-oriented. You know how to track pipeline health to balance your priorities.
You are resourceful. You know how to research questions, talent, and companies to find the answers and great people to recruit.
You are persistently helpful. No matter if it is diversity outreach or screening of applicants, you are an unstoppably helpful member for our operations team, to both the hiring managers and candidates.
Things You’ll Do
- Identify talented candidates. You'll experiment by yourself or by working in tandem with hiring managers to reach out efficiently to potential candidates.
- Emphasize diversity and inclusivity. You'll look for traditional and non-traditional methods to increase the likelihood we can bring new perspectives to the team.
- Find or create new sources of talent. LinkedIn might be a great tool, but you'll always look for new and unique ways to source talented folks.
- Screen candidates. You'll serve as the filter of the top of the funnel to maximize the hiring team’s time and focus on interviewing the best candidates.
- Successfully juggle a variety of roles at once. At any given time you could be working on filling 5-10 (or more at times) open roles.
- Assist with developing job posts, hiring plans, and rubrics. You'll work with the hiring manager to tighten up job descriptions, screening rubrics, and manage the hiring process along the way.
- Iterate on candidate feedback. You'll smooth rough edges in the hiring process by iterating on feedback from candidates or other signals.
- Nurture relationships with individuals and groups. You'll help build personal relationships through introductions, references, or by facilitating participation with community groups.
- Develop a diverse pipeline for all current and future roles.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America (these are currently on hold due to COVID-19)
The Whole Package
Location: Most countries in North & South America
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.