We're looking for a Head of Global Taxation who’s excited to build a global tax department at Zapier. If you love creating a global tax strategy, navigating changing compliance environments, structuring cross-border M&A, and building a world-class tax team, read on…
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 10+ years of domestic and international tax experience, including 6+ years of management experience.
- You’re an expert in global indirect taxes (sales tax, VAT, GST, etc.). You’ve built out indirect tax programs from the ground up. Bonus: you’re intimately familiar with software taxability.
- You have a CPA and have reviewed and filed large multi-state/multi-national corporate tax returns.
- You are an effective team builder. You have a passion for mentoring people, developing talent and building a resilient team culture.
- You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re a self-starter and thought leader. You have a desire to make high impact changes and challenge the status quo.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You love tax mitigation. You stay up on new developments, analyze the evolving compliance environment, and leverage emerging opportunities.
- Research drives your strategy. You can interpret complex tax law and identify potential tax credit and savings opportunities.
- You love to collaborate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain complex ideas to senior business leaders through verbal and written communication.
Things You’ll Do
- Create, direct and oversee Zapier’s global tax strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and foreign tax filing schedules and timelines.
- Research, propose and implement tax savings initiatives to reduce taxes.
- Oversee audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Own accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109) program in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Oversee Zapier’s transfer pricing program.
- Manage, coach, and grow a tax team within the larger accounting and finance department.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to build out a robust indirect tax program.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams on tax considerations surrounding new product launches.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Work closely with the payroll and equity teams to ensure timely compliance reporting for equity transactions and other payroll reportable events.
- Work closely with Legal and Finance to manage acquisitions and new entities.
- Communicate effectively with executive stakeholders and explain tax strategy, without tax lingo. There will be a great deal of writing, so you need a strong command of concise asynchronous communication.
The Whole Package
Location: United States
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.