We're looking for a high performing Payroll Specialist to manage and scale our payroll at Zapier, ensuring accurate processing and recording of company payrolls, provide timely and accurate financial information, and manage all cycles relating to payroll and benefits. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You have 5+ years of proven experience processing payroll for a company of 300+ employees.
- You have proven experience as a payroll specialist or manager, with a solid understanding of payroll fundamentals and best practices.
- You have an excellent understanding of multi-state and international payroll and have experience managing payroll for the US, Canada and UK.
- You stay up to date on all current payroll regulations and laws.
- You work independently and own your work start to finish
- You’re familiar with a number of HR/payroll systems and advocate for best practices, but experience with ADP Canada, ADP UK, and/or ADP Australia are a huge plus!
- You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are highly organized, and understand how to prioritize.
- You are detailed-oriented and care about the nitty gritty.
- You’re a collaborator and can work closely cross-departmentally in an asynchronous environment.
- You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
Things You'll Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Manage all payroll processing and process semimonthly and monthly payrolls in the U.S. and internationally, including updating payroll related data and managing overall payroll workflow.
- Work with Recruiting, Compensation, and HR to ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions, terminations and bonuses across multiple systems.
- Provide timely and accurate expense reimbursements to employees.
- Develop and improve payroll processes so they are efficient and scalable.
- Serve as subject matter expert on payroll issues, responding to employee questions in a timely manner through Slack and email.
- Provide world-class customer service and handle confidential concerns quickly and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll and tax requirements for both US and international entities.
- Record journal entries for payrolls and reconcile financial statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.