Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs. We're looking for a Global Payroll Manager to manage and scale our payroll at Zapier. Are you excited to join a growing finance team, build our international payroll program, and help launch Zapier’s equity program?! If so, then read on...
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You have at least 5 to 7 years of proven experience managing payroll for a company of 400+ employees.
- You have an excellent understanding of multi-state and global payroll. Maybe you even have payrolls in Canada, the UK, and Australia under your belt.
- You’re comfortable hiring and coaching a growing payroll team.
- You stay up to date on all current payroll regulations and laws.
- You’ve previously implemented full-scale payroll systems.
- You have experience managing and scaling a payroll team.
- You’re familiar with a number of HR/payroll systems and advocate best practices but experience with ADP Canada, ADP UK, and/or ADP Australia are a huge plus!
- You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are highly organized, and understand how to prioritize.
- You are detailed-oriented and care about the nitty gritty, but you are able to step back and see the bigger picture.
- You’re a collaborator and can work cross-departmentally asynchronously in a remote world.
- You are running multiple forms of equity such as stock options, RSUs, and RSAs through payroll.
- You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Manage, coach, and help grow our Payroll Team.
- Own the global payroll process and ensure that all payrolls and payroll changes are processed accurately and timely.
- Assist with month-end accounting close and related procedures.
- Collaborate closely with People Operations and Finance as we continue our global payroll expansion.
- Work with Recruiting, Compensation, and HR to ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions, terminations and bonuses across multiple systems.
- Identify and lead development of scalable and efficient payroll process improvements?
- Serve as subject matter expert on equity and payroll issues.
- Assist in the equity administration system and program.
- Provide world-class customer service and handle confidential concerns quickly and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll and tax requirements for both US and international entities.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States
Our distributed environment lets us work with the best people. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Your own equipment. We'll set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year.
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America. We will resume retreats when it’s safe to travel again. Retreats typically take place twice a year as a company, once a year as a team. All expenses paid (flights, meals, transportation, etc.).
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to UK, Canada, and US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.