Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
We’re a highly creative and technical team that’s working to create new NFT collections and bring those collections to life in immersive ways. We work with other best-in-class teams around the world, and pride ourselves in being able to find innovative solutions to the unique challenges presented at the intersection of web2, gaming, and web3.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking a savvy and experienced Live Operations Manager who lives and breathes day to day live operations of game experiences. The Live Ops Manager will be responsible for the creation, configuration and optimization of in-game events, feature and content roadmap, and partnership events and launches. This person will collaborate with cross-functional partners from product, design, creative, engineering and analytics and will be responsible for driving monthly KPI goals.
- Develop and run live ops and monetization strategies that drives community engagement day to day while also delivering on company business goals
- Drive the day-to-day execution of the strategy by owning the roadmap, schedule, targets, and overall success of game and community health
- Work with product leaders and analysts to monitor and report on the performance of game and web3 activations and their impact on KPIs and game health
- Collaborate with cross-functional leads to create and modify Live Ops processes and systems to ensure Yuga is spending time and resources in the right areas
- Coordinate and manage in-game communication, working with the Marketing & Community teams
- Deploy sales, events, features and game content through our proprietary tech
- Monitor engagement and performance to achieve high impact player experience
- Design and implement automation solutions to scale our games efficiently
- Quantitative skills, with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in live operations of free-to-play mobile games and ideally web3 games with demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Strong expertise using game data to influence roadmap priorities and help drive teams to focus on features that matter
- A deep interest in web3 communities, technologies and game experiences
- Proven ability to own, build and iterate Live Operations functions and processes
- Skilled in proactively identifying risks and making changes to the plan when necessary with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical skills, excellent communicator and presenter
- BA/BS degree in engineering, economics, business or related
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with programming languages (Python, SQL, R etc)
- Sound product judgment, ability to formulate live ops strategy and present clear, measurable key results that will lead to achieving business goals
- Hands-on approach and impact-driven focus on constantly pushing game performance and delivering fantastic player experiences
- Deep understanding of economy and monetization design, as well as of engagement drivers in live service games
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an emphasis on metrics-driven decision making
- Comfortable taking calculated risks, learning and sharing the lessons learned
- Extensive knowledge of live operations and monetization trends within the free-to-play business model
- Experience working with web3 technologies and blockchain
- Experience with game analytics, product management, performance marketing, and/or live operating games - a plus
- Experience personally performing analysis using game telemetry
If you are passionate about creating amazing experiences for video games using some of the most beloved IP in web3 and have the required skills and experience, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $155,000 to $175,000 in addition to equity and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range listed encompasses several levels. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and market demand. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
What We Offer
- 100% remote
- Localized comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly stipends for wellness, co-working, and mobile/internet service
- Flexible Time Off, localized paid holidays, & Winter Recess (December 24-January 1)
- A vibrant community of Employee Resource Groups (Women at Yuga, Blackchain3, Queer3)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Localized retirement plans
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.