Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring an Art Outsource Manager to join the Otherside team and own complex art production processes with a variety of vendors. The Art Outsource Manager will work in a cross-disciplinary fashion with creative, technical and production stakeholders within Yuga, and be the main point of contact driving workflow and deliverables with 3rd parties.
- Work closely between internal creative and production teams, and external partners on a day-to-day basis and own successful execution and delivery of complex art assets
- Work with the internal teams at Yuga to establish the art delivery bar and adhere to it in all aspects of content creation
- Collect, aggregate, and communicate precise and actionable feedback on vendor deliverables
- Manage workflows and deadlines, facilitate reviews and feedback, and ensure all deliverables meet Yuga’s high quality standards
- Establish deliverable format and submission processes with all vendors
- Develop and own documentation, references, and examples with the creative team to ensure consistent work across multiple vendors and project timelines
- Coordinate with the internal production team to track tasks, deliverables, dependencies and risks
- Point of contact and owner of vendor relationships, from initial RFP through establishing costs, timelines, and deliverables, working with internal production, legal, and finance teams
- Deep, hands-on experience in the creation of high quality art optimized for real-time use cases
- Expert-level working knowledge of art production pipelines, including an understanding of various asset types, tools, and processes required at all stages of development
- Previous work history managing outsourcer pipelines and delivering high quality art for complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to deliver feedback on work-in-progress art, both on an individual basis, and as the representative of a group of creative, artistic, and technical stakeholders
- Comfort and familiarity with the administrative aspects of vendor relationships, including contract and budget management, personnel and deliverable conversations
- Experience with project management and agile methodologies and software tools
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team of creative, technical, and production personnel
The annual salary for this position ranges from $130,000 to $150,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.