Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
We’re a highly creative and technical team that’s working to create new NFT collections and bring those collections to life in immersive ways. We work with other best-in-class teams around the world, and pride ourselves in being able to find innovative solutions to the unique challenges presented at the intersection of web2, gaming, and web3.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a seasoned Art Pipeline Technical Director to join our team and help optimize, write new scripts, and manage our 2D art generation pipeline. As a Pipeline TD, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient creation and functioning of our 2D art generation pipeline. You will work closely with artists, Creative, Art and Technical Directors and the rest of the creative and gaming teams to ensure that the pipeline is optimized for maximum efficiency and that all art assets are generated in a timely manner.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the art pipeline, ensuring that all assets are generated on time and to the required standard
- Optimize our existing 2D art generation pipeline to ensure that it runs efficiently and meets the needs of the art team
- Edit Photoshop files to fix issues for artists
- Work with and manage Kitsu review pipeline; run scripts against Kitsu
- Run and maintain python based tools for content creation
- Ensure validity of output of images and data on the project management/review tool Kitsu
- Generate, validate and preserve collection metadata
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise within the pipeline and work with the art team to resolve them.
- Develop and maintain documentation for the art pipeline, ensuring that it is up-to-date and easily accessible to the art team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in art pipeline development
- Expertise in scripting languages such as Python
- Proficiency with industry-standard 2D art tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Perforce
- Experience with asset management systems such as Shotgrid or Kitsu
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Experience working with web3 technologies and blockchain
- Experience with 3D software and rendering pipelines
- Experience with Unreal, Unity or other game engines
- Knowledge of shader programming
- Passion for gaming and game development
The annual salary for this position ranges from $130,000 to $190,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.