Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
The architects and builders. This team is made up of front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and security engineers who work closely with all of our teams to bring projects to life and keep everything running smoothly and securely.
Who We’re Looking For
- Is excited to interact with bleeding-edge tech in NFTs, Web 3.0, and the Ethereum blockchain
- Is adaptable to the evolving priorities of the space
- Seeks to understand problems holistically before trying to solve them
- Has a bias towards action and an eye for detail
- Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Takes pride in the quality of their work and strives for continuous learning and improvement
- Leading the technical design and implementation of our applications.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code that meets industry standards and best practices.
- Participating in code reviews, testing, and debugging to ensure high-quality software delivery.
- Continuously monitoring and improving the performance, security, and scalability of our software systems.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in the Web3 industry and incorporating them into our software solutions.
- Adapting to changing priorities and requirements as the crypto industry evolves.
- Strong distributed system design skills.
- Strong understanding of web application security and best practices.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment, contributing to team estimates and planning.
- Mentor other engineers and help us all learn and grow together.
- Lead technical discussions with other engineers incorporating the best ideas from everyone, including the broader industry.
- Experience working with cloud services like Cloudflare, AWS, and similar.
The annual salary for this position ranges from $180,000 to $210,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.