Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
We’re a highly technical team that’s working on the Otherside, Yuga Labs’ 3D metaverse. We work with other best-in-class teams around the world, and pride ourselves in being able to find innovative solutions to the unique challenges presented at the intersection of web2, gaming, and web3.
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring a technical director who has deep experience working with Unreal, both in terms of using it to build games, as well as extending it to enable others to build on top of what we’re creating. You’ll be part of a team that spans both internal and external partners, working closely with product and engineering teams to bring our vision of the metaverse to life. Scale should excite you, not scare you. We’re forging into new territory, and we’re looking for fellow intrepid explorer/builder dual-class adventurers to join our party.
- Ensure that there is a clear, concise and complete technical design for the product
- Work with creative and other leads to ensure that the technical design meets all product requirements
- Help maintain documentation to reflect design changes
- Assist production staff to plan and maintain the development schedule
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the producers
- Review and approve engineering work performed by co-development partners
- Recruit, train, and oversee internal engineering staff members
- Act as a hands-on mentor to lead the game engineering team by example
- Work with engineering staff (internal and external) to build and maintain automated solutions for product packaging, testing, and deployment
- Champion games-as-a-service culture, working with operations focused mindset to support and maintain live game systems, regular product updates, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working on AAA game titles in a senior technical position
- You have a great proficiency with the Unreal Engine
- A solid technical background with proven leadership skills, able to develop a team and pass on a wealth of industry knowledge
- Ability to work harmoniously with all departments engaged in development, planning, quality assurance, and support of the product
- You have a great attention to detail and focus on root-cause analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in current trends within Web 3, blockchain and in the gaming industry
- You are passionate about what you do and about working on awesome projects that you can be proud of
The annual salary for this position ranges from $250,000 to $275,000. The actual annual salary paid for this position will be based on several factors, including but not limited to, skills, prior experiences, training, company needs, and current market demands. The annual salary range for this position is subject to change and may be adjusted in the future. This position may also be eligible for salary increases, bonuses, equity awards, and benefits.
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
Life at Yuga Labs
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
As a remote-first company, we encourage our employees to care for their whole selves through comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.