Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, "The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye." Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
Creative is our product. It’s at the center of everything Yuga does. This team is made up of multidisciplinary designers, illustrators, 3D artists, writers, art directors, and creative directors who work across all of our projects.
Who We’re Looking For
Yuga’s projects span across verticals (gaming, streetwear, events, and more), communities, partners, and geographies. They even span beyond Yuga itself as we build Otherside, an interoperable metaverse game and platform that gives users the ability to create their own assets and bring anything they own anywhere they want (including other metaverses). We’re looking for a company-wide Head of 3D/Technical Director who can take on all of the moving parts — and keep them all moving smoothly, in sync, and in the right direction. The ideal candidate has a head for processes and a heart for gaming.
- Build the right pipelines to be able to create 3D assets at scale
- Set asset guidelines to allow outside creators create for Otherside
- Supervise and participate in all aspects of projects from staffing to tools
- Work closely with other departments to define the technical requirements and restrictions for projects, including all technical architecture and process choices
- Manage the programming team, including employee performance evaluation and code reviews
- Provide expertise, analysis, and problem-solving across design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- 8+ years experience in game systems engineering
- 5+ years recent experience in the video game industry on AAA or mobile games
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team management skills
- Ability to optimize code size and speed to take full advantage of the capabilities of modern game platforms
- Personal interest in video games with a solid knowledge of the field
- Experience with modern commercial game engines
- Advanced experience in core engine development, networking, mobile development, gameplay, and/or tool development
- Experience shipping multiple games as Lead Developer or Lead Programmer
What We Offer
- Working with the best-in-class talent creating innovative technologies and bringing the forefront of culture to web3
- Exposure to innovative technologies in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and game development
- Collaboration with blue chip projects and AAA studios and partners
- Great internal growth and development
- 100% remote
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.