Senior Magento 2 Developer
USA, Palo Alto, CA
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, secures logins for 9 of the top 10 internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a fast growing, profitable, and multinational company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico is seeking a talented Senior Magento 2 Front-End Developer to join our Web team and build out Yubico’s next-gen webstore platform. You will work directly with Lead web engineers and Yubico.com stakeholders in a highly collaborative environment to ensure delivery of our new web presence.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain our upcoming Magento 2 eCommerce site at www.yubico.com with a focus on presentation logic
- Development on Magento 2 will include modules, user interface components, themes, and widgets. It may also include payment gateways, tax systems, service integrations, and shipping systems
- Build out and maintain unit tests for web application components
- Optimize www.yubico.com for performance and availability
- Develop components with deep respect for the privacy of Yubico’s users with impeccably high security standards
- Be part of an on-call rotation to respond in case of web application malfunction
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience building modules, themes, and configuration for Magento 2.x
- 3-5 years of experience with an enterprise-grade eCommerce platform, preferably dealing with physical goods, international taxes, and international shipping from multiple distribution centers
- 5+ years of experience building, using, supporting, and debugging object-oriented PHP/ MySQL web applications
- Experience with HTTP/REST APIs and integrating with existing systems
- Working knowledge of distributed source code management using Git
- Experience working with a geographically diverse team
The following are nice to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Proficient in a Linux environment
- Familiar with TLS, web caching, and networking
- Experience writing scripts in any of the following: Bash, Python, PHP, Go
- Experience deploying applications in GCP, AWS, etc.
- Experience with configuration management applications
- Start Date: Immediately
- Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
- Hours: Full time Monday through Friday, with the opportunity to work remotely 1-2 days a week and 1 week out of 5 on-call in case of emergency.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits + Stock Options