Seattle, WA or Palo Alto, CA
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, secures logins for 9 of the top 10 internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a fast growing, profitable, and multinational company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
Yubico seeks the next team member for our Engineering team: an experienced software developer with a deep knowledge of Windows and Windows networks with an eye for user experience and a passion for security.
You’ll be working on applications, drivers, and integrations that enable the more than a billion windows users worldwide to benefit from Yubico’s hardware security devices. Use your passion, insights, and technical skills to help us create a more trusted internet!
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop user friendly, cross-platform (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) desktop applications, server software, mobile apps, web services, and drivers
- Create mockups, create prototypes, and refine your work based on user feedback, industry standards, and business needs
- Design, propose, and build solutions to help Windows desktop, mobile, and server users – standalone or network bound – take advantage of numerous hardware backed key protocols and interfaces provided by our products: OTP, Challenge Response, PIV SmartCard, U2F, PGP Card, and HSM functionality
Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of Windows network authentication systems. This should include Microsoft Certificate Services, cross-platform Kerberos interactions with MIT and/or Heimdal, Azure Active Directory Federation, X.509 Certificate extensions, and similar technologies
- Experience with building user-facing applications (command line, GUI, mobile, web)
- A strong focus on user experience and interaction design
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team – capable of taking initiative and also listening to and truly understanding others even across geographic boundaries
- Experience with languages/technologies such as C#, C, C++, golang, Objective C, and Java
- Experience building software for the Microsoft ecosystem
- An interest in security and familiarity with cryptography
- Experience with integrating/building open source software and the open source community
- At least 8 years of experience working in the software industry