Company Profile and Mission
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. We are an app allowing consumers to pay for things using their phone while they collect stamps or points – all in the app! Retailers in turn, learn more about their customers which allows them to offer in app deals for their loyal customers. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done.
Now in our 3rd year, we are in over 60 UK Universities, over 150 Corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Ireland and Singapore. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a dynamic Consumer Support Associate to join the Finance and Operations Team. If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading.
Based in Fitzrovia, the heart of London, the Consumer Support Associate will work closely with and report directly to the Consumer Support Manager to ensure that the SLAs are met while providing impeccable service to our consumers.
This is a critical role for Yoyo Wallet as we expand and the successful candidate will be collaborating closely across Operations, Product, Engineering and Sales. Your technical knowledge will be put to use to help the team understand and tackle future challenges. We are a growing start up in a dynamic environment - our ideal candidate would be organised, innovative, have great attention to detail, a strong sense of urgency, and be a great team player. If this sounds like you, we would love to see your resume.
- Provide first and second line support to our consumers
- Escalate queries to the Consumer Manager and/or to the other teams (Product, Engineering etc.)
- Have an acute technical understanding of the app and be always on the lookout for potential technical bugs that could affect our consumers
- Be able to identify technical issues, and provide first-line technical support before escalating to our Technical Team
- Follow and create processes to ensure Consumer Support runs smoothly
- Identify trends and create reports based on consumer queries
- Escalate feedback from users to the other teams to improve the business as a whole
- Edit and create template emails to quickly respond to, and solve queries
- Manage high volume of queries (emails) and provide efficient, professional and friendly support
- Work across all teams to define and solve issues
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years work experience in a relevant consumer-related field (startup or corporate) with directly transferable skills
- Tech-savvy, experience in technical support, or in a Fintech company, preferable
- Excellent written communication skills
- Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate with an entrepreneurial outlook and spirit
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Zendesk ticketing software is preferred
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Resilience to work in a complex environment with competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated with problem solving abilities
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced and results driven environment