Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
The mobile team at Yoyo is responsible for delivering several products including consumer iOS and Android Yoyo Wallet apps, as well as developer-facing mobile SDKs and retailer acceptance apps for iOS and Android.
We are always looking at and evaluating the latest technologies, be it watchOS, Android Wear, or new programming languages such as Kotlin. We've also been featured as Swift and Apple Pay launch partners on the App Store.
We employ continuous delivery to ensure we're building what our users actually want. This is in the form of bleeding edge internal builds, daily external beta releases and weekly App Store releases.
iOS Stack: Includes Swift 3, RxSwift, Alamofire, Realm
Other technologies and processes: Includes REST APIs, MVVM, Fabric/Crashlytics, Taplytics A/B testing, Mixpanel analytics, Bitrise CI/CD and JIRA
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Swift code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- 2+ years experience building scalable iOS apps from scratch and building on top of existing codebases (internships count!)
- Familiarity with and have worked with the latest iOS SDKs
- Experience building and delivering projects from start to finish
- Extensive experience with Unit/UI testing & Integration Tests
- Experience with technologies and processes we use (Kanban, Git, CI, CD, etc)
- Experience with Swift, Reactive Extensions and/or Realm
- Attention to data
- You like being involved in a fast-paced and agile startup environment
- Worked with and built interfaces with other systems in the past
- Ability to work across multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- A passion for building mobile products that will be used by millions of people
- You demand that code be well-tested and believe testing is an integral part of development
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the Apple equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- £100 monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!