Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. We are an app allowing consumers to pay for things using their phone while they collect stamps or points – all in the app! No need to carry many loyalty cards. Retailers in turn, learn more about their customers which allows them to offer in app deals for their loyal customers. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done.
Now in our 3rd year, we are in over 60 UK Universities, over 150 Corporate locations and in Caffe Nero in the high street, and have a global presence with business in the US, Ireland and Singapore. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a dynamic Compliance Officer to join the team. If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading.
The Compliance Officer will play a vital role in ensuring that throughout our company project cycles we are always maintaining within the FCA.
It’s imperative that you have a keen eye for detail so you can analyse and advise business wide and ensure that everything that we do remains legally and regulatory compliant.
Based in Fitzrovia, the heart of London, the Compliance Officer will work closely with and report directly to the VP of Operations and Finance and take direct ownership of all compliance and regulatory functions within our UK and US business and ensure that we adhere to FCA guidelines across various projects in the business.
- FCA Regulation (eMoney, Payment Services Regulations, AML/KYC) and PCI Compliance
- Ensuring appropriate policies and processes are implemented, embedded within the business and business processes, monitored, reported on and recorded
- Managing and monitoring annual compliance reporting/notification calendar
- Horizon scanning to keep policies, processes and organisation updated
- Managing and monitoring compliance with relevant legislation (Distance Marketing Regulations, Consumer Protection Legislation, Electronic Commerce Regulations etc.)
- Proving compliance updates and training to the business
- Managing risk management procedures, risk registers and reporting
- Maintenance of KYC/AML monitoring of client accounts
- Maintaining the FCA Approved Persons register entries for the company on an up to date basis
- Data Protection/Data Privacy/ABC Policy
- Managing data privacy impact assessments and compliance with GDPR
- Implementing, embedding within the business and business processes, monitoring and reporting on data protection and ABC policies and procedures
- Contract/Documentation storage and management
- Compliance documentation
- Customer contracts and all other business contracts entered into
- Customer contract management:
- Updating to take account of changes in regulation/law
- Dealing with day to day queries
- Maintenance of IP register
- Assisting with all inquiries from regulatory bodies or of legal/compliance related nature, lead liaison with external compliance consultants and legal counsel as appropriate
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory developments and changes such as PSD2, European scheme changes etc.
- Skills: compliance experience in the relevant areas, ability to learn on the job, pragmatism, good project management skills, attention to detail, organised, good, clear communicator including with senior people, ability to stand their ground.Create and manage operating metrics, financial controls, and performance indicators to enhance the company direction and strategy
- A Bachelor's Degree in Law, Business or related field is an asset
- 3-5 years work experience in a relevant compliance related field with experience producing compliance policies and processes
- Understanding of UK regulatory landscape and corporate Law
- Strong demonstrable business writing and presentation skills
- Project management skills, attention to detail, organised, good, clear communicator including with senior people
- Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate with an entrepreneurial outlook and spirit
- Technically savvy with resilience to work in a complex environment with competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated with strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced and results driven environment
- CF10, CF11 is desirable
- Our ideal candidate with have working knowledge of the fintech industry
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role
- Monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!