Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
We are building a data driven marketing platform that enables Retailers to deliver engaging campaigns to their customers. They will be delivered via our web based dashboard, Yoyo Engage, and you will be a part of the small team that is responsible for shaping its development.
As a team, you will reveal actionable insight into a Retailer’s consumer behaviour and enable them to engage these customers via targeted loyalty campaigns. These campaigns will be delivered to customers via the Yoyo Wallet mobile app and your team must clearly demonstrate the impact they have. You will be responsible for designing and implementing REST endpoints and creating a great user experience through the use of visualisations and modern web technologies. You will be using technologies including AWS, Docker, ReactJS, and continuous deployment whilst working alongside highly skilled developers with excellent opportunities for learning and personal development.
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer who is capable of working independently and under tight deadlines. If you are proactive, have a sense of urgency, and are naturally a problem solver, we would love to hear from you. We'll certainly be interested in candidates who have:
- Intermediate - senior developer with experience in start up and/or entrepreneurial corporate environment
- Experience with Django (Python)
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with Git or similar distributed source control systems
- Experience writing tests (Functional, Performance, and Unit Tests)
- Entrepreneurial outlook and spirit with ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, personable, enthusiastic, and articulate
- Ability to manage competing timelines and priorities in a composed fashion
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role
- monthly credit to your yoyo wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!