Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
The Yoyo Wallet product comprises of iOS and Android apps that talk to a suite of APIs powered by the Yoyo platform. We use a service-oriented architecture to support real-time, high-volume transactions that consistently deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
Backend stack: includes (but is not limited to): Python, Django, Event messaging and RESTful APIs, Micro-Services Oriented Architecture, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, CircleCI / Continuous Deployment via ChatOps, and is hosted on AWS.
- Help in designing our next-generation systems
- Write Python code which is reusable, testable and efficient
- Work with other developers and product managers to plan and estimate the team’s work
- Mentor junior developers
- Experience working in startup or other entrepreneurial organisations
- Must have experience working with Python in an academic or professional setting
- Experience with technologies and processes we use (some of Django, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, AWS, Kanban, TDD, GoCD, etc)
- Experience building and maintaining real-world products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Experience building and maintaining APIs via RESTful web services
- A track-record of creating and maintaining automated tests to build high-quality software (unit, acceptance and UI tests)
- Strong attention to detail and a deep understanding of what would benefit our users most
- Personable, enthusiastic, and articulate and a propensity to iterate on products in weekly cycles
- Positive entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to be flexible in our changing environment
- Previous exposure to mobile payment or mobile apps is an asset
- Exhibit passion for programming and software engineering by either blogging or attending coding conferences or meet-ups (big plus if you've contributed to open-source software)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success, but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the Apple equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- £100 monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!