Yousician aims to impact and enrich the lives of millions of people by enabling them to learn something new, promoting their wellbeing and using their time for something meaningful. Our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play.
However, you don't need to be a musician to join Yousician.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of people learn, play, reach their goals, and have fun. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity in the rapidly growing and changing scale up business, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding.
As a SRE, you’ll have a unique opportunity to join our ambitious growth company and re-imagine the way music education works. You will be part of our SRE -team, which in these times means you wouldn’t just work on “an assembly line” doing the same thing over and over again. We’ve got our hands deep in the mud with Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Mongo, Jenkins pipelines, and Bazel - you won’t run out of relevant things to learn. We’re currently in the process of making a switch to an IaaC process.
We strive to automate repetitive manual labour and distribute interesting and less interesting tasks among the team fairly. People have strengths and interests in different areas, but we’d like everyone to have a good grasp on the different parts of the whole area we’re working on.
The SRE team operates under the umbrella of “Platform” at Yousician. We don’t only need to build infrastructure to support our customers, but our infrastructure has to serve the ever-growing needs of our product teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’d be working with the AWS platform, Linux servers, Fabric tasks (maybe Ansible in the future), Docker images, Terraform provisioning definitions, and Kubernetes (AWS EKS) in dev, staging, and production clusters to build/migrate/maintain/optimize infrastructure for our services.
- Our backend services are mostly Python with the main API built on Flask. Our API architecture is relatively flat and modular. You’d be comfortable enough with the backend code to make required changes and troubleshoot problems, but we’re not expecting you to be an ace Python developer.
- We use Jenkins as our CI, with most of the pipelines written in Groovy. You’d work on making sure our dev, staging, and production pipelines are stable and fast.
- Our monitoring uses components like filebeat, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, AWS CloudWatch, and some home-baked custom solutions.
- Our main database is MongoDB. You’d be comfortable making changes to dev and production alike.
- You’d be part of an alert rotation schedule, wherein you’d be expected to be responsible for responding to alerts one week each month.
WHO YOU ARE
- Above all, we’re looking for a team player who is nice to work with. Every day we learn and grow, so patience and humbleness is required.
- Containerization experience (Docker), IaaC (Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar) experience, and container orchestration (Kubernetes, or similar) experience are things we’re looking for.
- Experience with Python scripting or Ruby or similar is preferred.
- CI experience, AWS or Google Cloud/Azure/OpenStack experience is appreciated.
- Nice-to-haves: Experience with Jenkins, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, API design, Ansible.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing scale-ups in Helsinki, backed by the top VC’s and competing with the best education applications in the world
- You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get to work with a passionate and friendly growing band of PMs, designers, developers and data scientists.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package - salary, crazy perks - and work in an awesome new office in the heart of Helsinki.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! #rockon
Yousician is the largest and fastest growing music education company in the world, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician develops high-tech interactive software for learning guitar, piano, bass, and ukulele. Yousician provides real-time feedback on how you’re playing, combining the addictive features of computer games with songs and exercises to make the learning process easy, fun and motivating.Yousician also develops the world's #1 guitar tuner app Guitar Tuna (iOS, Android) and has won numerous international business awards including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. We're hiring, so come join an amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!
Here at Yousician, we take your privacy seriously. We only process your personal data for recruiting purposes. You can read more about candidate privacy in our Privacy Notice.