Who We Are
Yotta helps Americans make better financial decisions by using behavioral psychology and gamification to make it fun and easy to make good decisions. We have grown from $0 to hundreds of millions in dollars deposited through word of mouth and referrals. Yotta is backed by world-class investors like Base10, Core Innovation Capital, YCombinator, Slow Ventures, Ken Moelis, and Cliff Asness. Yotta was recently featured in Bloomberg.
40% of Americans are unable to come up with $400 in an emergency, yet the average household spends $640/year on the lottery, despite the lottery being the worst economic value proposition there is. Why does this dichotomy exist? Because playing the lottery is instantly gratifying and saving isn't.
We are making saving money instantly gratifying so that people can get the long term benefit. Our first product is Yotta Savings, a savings account that gives savers the chance to win exciting prizes on a weekly basis through a gamified sweepstakes.
We were inspired by Premium Bonds, a program in the UK that works the exact same way and has over $100 billion in deposits from over 1/3 of the British population. This concept has been hugely successful in every country it's been tried in, but it was illegal in the U.S until 2015.
We believe that in the next 10 years, Americans will save hundreds of billions of dollars in prize-linked savings accounts.
We are looking for a world-class Senior Backend Engineer to join the Engineering team at Yotta!
As an engineer on this team, you will design and develop new features, and scale existing products. As a core contributor you will share the team responsibility of operational excellence (best practices, testing, automation, monitoring).
The ideal candidate has a strong technical foundation and feels comfortable working independently. In addition, they possess strong creative problem-solving skills, a scrappy attitude, bias towards action, and are a team player willing to jump in wherever needed. As an early hire, you recognize the opportunity to shape key technical and product decisions for the bank of the future, and there will be no shortage of challenging problems to solve as we scale.
Tech Stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, Postgres, AWS, React Native, ReactJS
- You have served in a technical lead capacity, defining roadmaps for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- You work well cross-functionally and cross-team and earn trust from co-workers at all levels
- You have experience with mentorship and understand the art of giving and receiving feedback
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll own entire systems
- Develop end to end solutions from design all the way to deploying into production
- Mentor junior developers; set standards and best practices
- Communicate and collaboratively solve problems with teammates
- You can expect to work with a cross-disciplinary team including front end engineers, backend engineers and product management
- Competitive salary, early-stage equity, flexible work environment
- Free lunch every workday, no matter where you are
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO (and we mean it)
- 401k program
- Annual company offsite event
- New experience stipend–try something new, on us!
We look forward to meeting you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.