At Yohana, we’re finding new ways for technology and design to lighten our loads, reclaim our time, and improve our well-being. We want it all. A career and home. Family and friends. Health and wellness. But actually having it all can leave us feeling overloaded. And research shows it. 43% of people struggle with decision-making. 66% say overload affects their work, and 62%, their interpersonal relationships.
Technology was supposed to help by making us more efficient. But the faster we get things done, the more we take on, and our well-being falls to the bottom of the list. Yohana is on a mission to make balance a priority – and do it joyfully.
It’s a meaningful product challenge: helping society reclaim time and make space for joy through technology and design. That’s what the team at Yohana is solving for every day, and we have a lot of fun doing it. With leadership from big tech like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and hypergrowth startups like Nest, Waymo, TaskRabbit, and Casper, we’re motivated to make the world a happier place. Join us!
Yohana is a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Inc. Our unique positioning as a start-up within a global Consumer Electronics and Services company makes this opportunity one that is rich with world-class capability and game-changing possibilities.
About The Role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Architect and Tech Lead for AI/ML/Data to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the design, development and deployment of cutting-edge AI/ML systems. The candidate will also be accountable for overseeing data architecture and data management to ensure high data quality, accuracy and consistency.
Yohana is able to employ individuals who reside in (or that are willing to relocate to) the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Develop and implement Data and AI/ML strategies, architectures, and solutions to meet business requirements in a fast-paced startup environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders to ensure data and AI/ML solutions align with business goals
- Mentor and lead a team of Data and AI/ML engineers, providing technical guidance and promoting best practices in a constantly evolving startup environment
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain data pipelines, data storage, data processing, AI/ML system/infrastructure
- Design and implement data governance and data management policies, ensure data quality, accuracy and consistency
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field and incorporate them into the development process
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Work with limited resources and be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty, with the ability to make informed decisions quickly
What You’ll Bring:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 8+ years of experiences in data engineering, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying automated system using machine learning and artificial intelligence at scale
- Strong understanding of data architecture and data management principles
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, can be very hands on when needed
- Expertise in Python, SQL, and data processing technologies, experience with Snowflake is a big plus
- A passion for working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving startup environment
If you are passionate about technology and have a proven track record in AI/ML/Data architecture, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your updated resume.
What We Offer:
The future of work at Yohana is flexibility. Like many other leading Silicon Valley based businesses, we follow a hybrid workplace model post-pandemic. We believe this model is consistent with our goals of fostering a highly collaborative culture, promoting employee well-being, and developing a workplace that is engaging, equitable, and innovative.
Local (Bay Area) employees are expected to come into the office on Mondays & Wednesdays and optional on the other days of the week. Fully remote (Work From Home) employment may be available for select positions.
The salary range for this role is currently $275,000-$298,925. This position is eligible for participation in the Yohana’s employee bonus program. Grade level and salary ranges are determined primarily through the scope and complexity of the role along with a review of the applicant’s experience and skills, as well as alignment with geographic market data and equity with other team members.
Employee benefits include:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.