YipitData is the leading market research and analytics firm for the disruptive economy and recently raised up to $475M from The Carlyle Group at a valuation over $1B.
We analyze billions of alternative data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
For three years and counting, we have been recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces. We are a fast-growing technology company backed by The Carlyle Group and Norwest Venture Partners. Our offices are located in NYC, Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, Seattle, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and Singapore. We cultivate a people-centric culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About The Role:
YipitData is looking for an experienced Junior Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to work at a high-growth FinTech company with entrepreneurial yet supportive colleagues!
In this role, you will utilize your exceptional accounting knowledge and high attention to detail to manage accounts receivables, own customer communications, and assist the accounting team within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This is a full-time remote-friendly opportunity that can sit anywhere in the US.
As our Junior Staff Accountant, you will :
- Maintain accurate customer information in accounting software
- Review executed customer contracts and update internal records
- Prepare client invoices in accounting software across all legal entities with supporting documentation
- Respond to and resolve clients’ billing issues and questions
- Monitor A/R aging reports and assist our Treasury Manager with collections
- Communicate with customers regarding payment status and resolve any billing discrepancies
- Assist in month-end closing procedures and other accounting tasks as assigned
- Assist with our yearly financial audit and other ad hoc projects
You are likely to succeed if you have:
- At least 1-2 years experience as a junior accountant, bookkeeper, or accounts receivable clerk in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and record-keeping
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software and Salesforce CRM strongly preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP required
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits, perks, and a competitive salary:
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, flexible vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $70,000. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.