We analyze billions of data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
We are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC (where we are based in), Hong Kong, and Shanghai, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and The Carlyle Group with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
We are expanding our research team by hiring an Equity Research Specialist (official title Research Specialist) to help produce valuable, data-driven insights for our rapidly growing institutional client base. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a strong technical & entrepreneurial skill set while positioning yourself as an expert at the forefront of the future of investment research.
You could be a good fit if your background includes equity research, investing, management consulting, or you have experience utilizing data to understand and communicate business trends. Recent grads with strong analytical skills and capital markets interest are encouraged to apply. We are also open to considering candidates with greater years of experience for more senior level roles.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), one of our office hubs (Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, or Seattle), or anywhere else in the US. However, depending upon where the remote work is performed, income could be subject to New York State tax withholding. Please note that we pay NYC-based salaries for US roles regardless of where employees choose to work.
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming & Analytics: Learn SQL, Pyspark, Databricks, Airflow, and other big data analysis tools. Collaborate with our data team to build a deep understanding of our datasets and proprietary methodologies
- Data Driven Research: Work closely with more senior research analysts to understand, create and communicate valuable insights covering large, disruptive industries using our datasets
- Investing: Become a trusted and reliable resource for our clients and work with them to identify their key unanswered questions. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make investment decisions
- Alternative Data Landscape: Build expertise in a fast growing sector of the data industry at the largest company in the space. Become an expert on key datasets available to investors.
You're likely to succeed if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in equity research, investing, management consulting, or in a role where you utilize data to understand business trends and solve customer problems
- Interest in data-driven fundamental investing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with a methodical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment
- A commitment to learning new skills and working on a product team where everyone learns to code
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our Research team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits and perks, and a competitive salary:
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, flexible vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness and work-from-home budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you make, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to self-improve and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $100K. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.