New datasets are being created every day and companies need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
In 2019 YipitData launched a new business unit providing alternative data insights to corporations. Our Corporate business is growing quickly and we are expanding our data team by hiring a Junior Data Analyst (Official Title: “Associate Data Consultant”) who will be key to the success of the initiative.
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with 1-2 years of experience as you will support building our Corporate business from the ground up and develop the core skills required to succeed at the intersection of tech, data, and client-facing work.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
US work authorization is required for this position.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Programming and data: learn (or sharpen) big data analysis skills, develop compelling data-driven analyses, and present to clients and prospects
- Learn and master Python, SQL, Pyspark, Tableau, Databricks, Airflow, and other key big data analysis tools
- New product development: this early stage initiative gives you a unique chance to collaborate on product discovery, identify and empathize with customer pain points, and help clients get value from our insights products
- Sales and client strategy: on a given day, you might help brainstorm product positioning or develop a new analysis to answer a prospect’s question, all while ensuring an amazing experience in supporting our existing clients
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role within an existing product team, management consulting firm, large Financial Services institution, economic consulting firm, at a data provider, or at a software company
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to help build a new business from the ground up
- You are willing to persevere through the highs and lows of creating something new
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You have a commitment to learning to code and/or honing your existing coding skills
- You have an ability to manage many different priorities
- You are both a self-starter and a collaborative and considerate a team player
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our Corporate team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, team bonding events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust. To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.