New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We have been growing at record-speed, thriving in a disruptive environment as our data-driven research service has become more valuable than ever. As a Senior Project Manager, (official title: Product Operations Analyst), you will be key to ensuring our company and team successfully scale by working closely with our Data Product team (50+ analysts) to determine the best processes and tools, create best practices, ensure our team is following these guidelines, and scale these processes as our team continues to grow rapidly.
In this role, you will continue to develop your operations, strategy, product management, and project management skills as you develop standardized operational processes and tools for the Data team. You will identify areas that can be significantly improved to become more efficient, research industry best practices, and propose new systems and tools that will help us achieve our goal to rapidly and efficiently scale our team. In addition, you will own various projects end-to-end from discovery and user interviews to implementation and training.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 4-7 years of experience in an operational role at a fast-growing company who is interested in working for a team in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. Anyone with experience in an operational role, strong analytical and organizational skills, and an interest in helping us rapidly scale our team is encouraged to apply. This role is part of the Product Operations team. Our team’s goal is to ensure the entire Data Product team has the knowledge, tools, and resources to scale rapidly and efficiently by making everyone experts at what they do, maximize their impact, and set them up for successful careers. This role sits in NYC (where our headquarters is located).
As Our Product Operations Analyst You Will:
- Identify areas that can be significantly improved to become more efficient
- Research industry operations best practices
- Propose new processes and tools that will help us achieve our goal to rapidly and efficiently scale our team
- Own projects and maintain project timelines from discovery to implementation
- Work on projects affecting data product analysts, managers, team leads, and other technical and non-technical teams at the company (Research, Revenue, Engineering, Legal, etc.)
- Conduct user interviews and shadowing to identify current processes, understand stakeholder needs, and gather feedback
- Determine the most efficient and effective operational processes and tools to help our team and company scale successfully
- Create documentation and maintain institutional knowledge resources
- Integrate best practices into new hire training and development
- Measure outcomes from your standardization efforts and continue to improve these processes as we scale
- Further develop your project management and technical skills such as data analysis, SQL, and Python
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have 4-7 years of experience in an operational role at a fast-growing company building out internal operation processes and efficiency best practices
- You have a proven track record of successfully building or improving on complex tools, processes, and workflows, both independently and collaboratively
- You are excited about owning projects and implementing processes that will help us achieve our massive scaling goals over the next few years
- You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can manage many parallel processes at the same time
- You are an innovative problem solver that resists “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You are equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You will get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail but are also comfortable thinking long-term
- You have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You are a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- You are able to come up with creative solutions to new problems
- You are eager to solve one of our company’s biggest challenges
- You are passionate about joining a company (that has a 5.0 Glassdoor rating!) that is pioneering the future of data-driven research
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.