New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are hiring a Sales Development Associate (official title: Business Development Associate) to help a growing client base make better investment decisions. Our newest Business Development Associate will identify meaningful engagement opportunities to help clients get the most value out of our products and identify opportunities to work with clients on products that they’re yet to subscribe to.
The Business Development Associate career progression is a path towards being a Business Development Executive or Sales Executive, focused on engaging new users and driving commercial expansion within our existing accounts.
You can sit in NYC (where our headquarters is located), Austin, TX, or potentially anywhere in the US.
In this role, you’ll gain experience in:
- Supporting a growing number of clients and cultivating relationships by:
- Finding new and creative ways to demonstrate value and grow user engagement
- Driving value for clients from our research and data products
- Becoming a trusted resource for our clients
- Identifying and activating new users on existing accounts
- Identifying and/or nurturing upsell opportunities
- Advocating for client needs cross-departmentally
- Developing sales and account management skills that will make you a core contributor of the revenue team with significant growth opportunity into a sales role at the company
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in Sales / Business Development
- You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- You are resourceful and excited to learn
- You are energized by contributing to the future of data-driven investment research
- You are excited by understanding the needs of investment professionals
- You are eager to think strategically about growing revenue through proactive client interactions
- You are able to effectively communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- You are creative and empathetic in building consensus across multiple stakeholders
- You are a master of judgment when handling a wide variety of client situations and communications
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.