New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are expanding our product team by hiring Product Development Specialists who will be key innovators and producers in helping us ideate, vet, and build new, market leading products for our institutional investor clients. There are dozens of data sets that investors must be familiar with to truly understand the companies they cover. We clean, combine, and analyze these data sets to create a final product that provides the insights that our clients want, allowing them to focus on what they do best - investing!
Our Product Development Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical and enthusiastic individuals with 2-4 or more years of experience to build products that are critical to the investment process for many of the world's top funds. We recommend this role for people who are interested in finance and investing but want to switch from the finance industry into the tech world, in particular to a role that involves data and product management. While finance experience is ideal, all individuals who are excited by the prospect of innovating and building products for a fast growing company are encouraged to apply. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
As a Product Development Specialist You Will Gain Experience In:
Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by vetting and building new data products.
Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data.
Investing: Create and write data reports that are consumed by the top investors in the world. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make stock portfolio decisions.
Product management: Learn how to ideate products, get user feedback, and then implement that feedback to make your products better.
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have 2-4 years or even more experience in a financial field related to the investing world, or at least are interested in creating products that investors love
- You have a desire to innovate and build new things
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a collaborative and supportive team player
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage multiple priorities
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary & performance based bonuses
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.