New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are expanding our data team by hiring Data Integration Specialists. While Data Specialists (see role above) are the key producers of our data products, Data Integration Specialists are the managers of our various third-party datasets. Their role is to ensure that all datasets are set up effectively, and to work together with our product team to enable them to quickly turn these datasets into accurate, actionable products.
If you are interested in both the Data Integration Specialist and Data Specialist roles, please submit identical applications to each job listing, and you can be considered for both roles.
Our Data Integration Specialist role is a fantastic opportunity for analytical and enthusiastic individuals with 1-4 years of experience to build the core skills required to succeed in the tech, data, and investment worlds that YipitData intersects. Recent grads with strong analytical skills are also encouraged to apply. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
For this job, we believe people of all experience levels can be successful, so we aim to have a career ladder that starts everyone off in the same range regardless of experience. We reward strong performance with frequent compensation increases and promotions. Strong performers are nearly doubling their starting salary within about 2 years of joining!
In this role you'll gain experience in:
Programming: Learn Python and SQL or sharpen your existing skills by analyzing and optimizing our growing portfolio of third-party datasets. Learn to efficiently work with large datasets across all stages of development.
Data: Work with massive amounts of data on the performance of important companies, using proprietary methods. You'll learn vital techniques on ensuring data accuracy and deriving key insights across a number of types of data.
New methodology development: Explore brand new datasets and develop methodologies that our product team will use to produce accurate and actionable insights.
You Are Likely To Succeed, If:
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are a methodical problem solver
- You want to learn to code or hone your existing coding skills
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You are a collaborative and understanding team player
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You have an ability to manage priorities
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we actually mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.