New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Research to run our insight merchandising efforts and own idea flow from our product team to our internal and external customers.
As our Director of Research, you will have full ownership over insight communication to our Revenue team, defining and implementing processes that ensure our organization is effectively prioritizing our best ideas. You will play a key role in scaling our product organization by managing and growing our newly formed team of Product Experts, who collaborate with our Research Analysts and serve as insight experts for prospective customers. As a team leader serving at the intersection of Product and Revenue, you will be instrumental in creating product development feedback loops as we rapidly scale beyond our suite of 60+ products today, crafting strategy for new product launches and helping develop our go-to-market efforts for new institutional investor adjacencies. This is a terrific opportunity for a commercially-minded research manager to grow our reach within the institutional investor community and ensure our clients are armed with the most relevant answers to their key questions.
As a Director of Research you will:
- Own the intersection of Product and Revenue, determining how our Revenue team prioritizes insights coming out of our research organization
- Manage and support our team of Product Experts and rapidly scale the team as our business grows
- Create syndicated reports highlighting our most relevant recent insights for investor clients
- Spearhead research ideation for webcasts and events, partner with Marketing to bring them to market
- Develop strategies to better tailor our research for investor adjacencies
You're likely to succeed if:
- You have 10+years of experience with at least 5+ years of experience managing a team in equity capital markets (a big plus if this includes sell-side equity research as a manager)
- You have deep client facing experience and can understand the complex needs of our institutional investor clients
- You are energized by contributing to the future of data-driven investment research
- You are strategic and can identify opportunities for growth and address any obstacles
- You are a collaborative team player and are motivated by the company’s success
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our Research team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity, highly competitive salary & bonus plan
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.