New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200+ person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5.0 rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are looking for an Interaction Designer to join the Product Experience team to help us make our web portal the first place our clients look to find answers to their key questions. This is an exciting role as you will be the first interaction designer to be hired at YipitData and you will have a big opportunity to shape the product design process, develop standards, and experiment with different methodologies.
YipitData’s Product Experience team is responsible for all delivery channels our customers use to consume our market-moving research reports and data: email, web portal, data feeds, APIs, interactive dashboards, and more. Our product development process is heavily focused on rapid prototyping, usability testing, and customer interviews. We look for the simplest way possible to validate we have the right product for our customers before we make a significant investment in engineering work, and interaction designers are crucial to making this process successful.
As the Interaction Designer, you will:
- Help us achieve our vision of making the web portal the always-on, one-stop-shop that our customers can use to find answers to their key questions and discover new products.
- Collaborate with a product manager to set the design strategy for our web portal.
- Plan and conduct stakeholder interviews, design workshops, and user research activities.
- Create, test, and rapidly iterate prototypes until we are comfortable that we have a usable product that has value to our customers.
- Synthesize results from user research into user experience design solutions and communicate your findings and strategy internally.
- Be responsible for leading all aspects of the design process from customer research by utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods, conceptualizing, storyboarding, detailed design and working with engineering teams on executing designs.
You are likely to succeed if:
- You have 2-3 years of experience designing any of the following: data centric and content-driven products that help users manage complex systems, web applications for financial analysis, document archives, library websites, or search-driven interfaces.
- You have a solid understanding of financial concepts or the ability and desire to learn about them.
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more.
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.