New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions.
We're one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC, Hong Kong, and Shanghai with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are looking for a product-oriented engineer who will be working directly with our China product team from our Shanghai office. This engineer will also be communicating with our analysts in the New York office to brainstorm potential products and solve technical challenges for existing products. We believe that an engineer should own all parts of the product they build, so your job will encompass the entire product cycle:
- You’ll be challenged with new interesting technical problems
- You’ll be analyzing various websites/android apps to extract data
- You'll take primary ownership for the development and maintenance of your product
- You'll launch your product via our internal Readypipe platform and have it collect live data
- You'll work with data analysts to refine the resulting data
- You’ll work with data from our data vendors to ensure we have a robust pipeline in ingesting and storing data
We work in small, integrated teams, so you'll need excellent communication skills and need to be incredibly adaptive to changing requirements. Although we program in Python, we don’t expect you to know it — as long as you’ve programmed in a modern programming language, we will teach you the specifics of our technology stack.
- Located in, or willing to relocate to Shanghai
- 1-2 years of work experience and understand network traffic, packets, HTTP/HTTPs requests
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Mandarin Chinese; English proficiency not required but highly recommended
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong desire to learn and work with data
What We Offer:
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- Opportunities to learn from our top-notch engineers and grow your technical skills.
- Opportunities to develop additional specialization like publishing tools, infrastructure, or database engineering.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
YipitData is an equal opportunity employer and seeks collaboration, innovation, and excellence through diversity and inclusion.
- 有1-2年工作经验并了解网络流量分析, 数据包, 和HTTP / HTTPS请求等