About The Role:
We are expanding our research team by hiring a Research Specialist to help produce valuable, data-driven insights for our rapidly growing institutional client base. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a strong technical & entrepreneurial skill set while positioning yourself as an expert at the forefront of the future of investment research.
You could be a good fit if your background includes equity research, investing, management consulting, or you have experience utilizing data to understand and communicate business trends. Recent grads with strong analytical skills and capital markets interest are encouraged to apply. This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
In this role you'll gain experience in:
- Programming & Analytics: Learn SQL, Pyspark, Databricks, Airflow, and other big data analysis tools. Collaborate with our data team to build a deep understanding of our datasets and proprietary methodologies
- Data Driven Research: Work closely with more senior research analysts to understand, create and communicate valuable insights covering large, disruptive industries using our datasets
- Investing: Become a trusted and reliable resource for our clients and work with them to identify their key unanswered questions. You'll gain insight into how investors think about companies and the most important questions they need to answer to make investment decisions
- Alternative Data Landscape: Build expertise in a fast growing sector of the data industry at the largest company in the space. Become an expert on key datasets available to investors.
You're likely to succeed if you have:
- 1-2 years of experience in equity research, investing, management consulting, or in a role where you utilize data to understand business trends and solve customer problems
- Interest in data-driven fundamental investing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with a methodical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment
- A commitment to learning new skills and working on a product team where everyone learns to code
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and highly competitive salary
- An extensive training program designed for Research Specialists that includes:
- Technical training sessions where you’ll learn to code
- Ongoing training sessions where you’ll learn the ins and outs of alternative data, institutional investors, and developing valuable insights
- Skill-focused training sessions covering business writing, client communication, sales and marketing, product development, and more.
- We care about your personal life and we actually mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.